Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th July 2019, 20:10   #31
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Well! I gave in, admitted defeat. I had to use my card today... I also downloaded the blooming app, I may use the app next time.

While leaving the car park and making our way to the shops, my daughter and her boyfriend found a set of BMW keys, what shall we do with these they say???

Give'em here I reply, and off we walk back to the car park. The closer we get I start aiming the fob at all the cars while pressing the keyfob, and within a few presses of the button we see a set of lights flash. It was a lovely convertible BWM in white with a cream leather interior we see flash it lights, we walk over to the BMW and all say at the same time 'lets go for a joyride'...

We decided against going for a joyride and instead my daughter wrote a note explaining we have your keys and to ring her mobile, we placed the note on the windscreen under the wiper, hoping that some dodgy character doesn't look at the note and claim the keys.

An hour went by and no phone call, thankfully I had to leave and left my daughter and her boyfriend in town (cramping their style I was). On my return to the car park I saw in the distance two guys and one girl jumping for joy shouting 'someone has found our keys'. I then see one of the guys is holding his phone up to his ear, I assume he is phoning my daughter.

I'm happy with what I see and carry on back to my car and left the car park, I thought there is no point intercepting these three people as they were overly ecstatic and leaving the car park from the other exit while still talking on the phone to my daughter I guess. I didn't fancy running after these three young people, the're most probably fitter than me.

They arranged a meeting place to handover the keys, my daughter is calling me and telling me how thankful these three people were, they thought they were faced with hundreds of pounds bills for key replacements for car and for their house, as the house keys were also on the keyring.

I'm actually over the moon for these three people, the joy on their faces once they realised their keys had been found was priceless...

Last edited by Dallas; 13th July 2019 at 21:05..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote