Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th July 2019, 14:23   #1
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Default Is the jaguar xj the newest car on the road like the rover 75

With the jaguar XJ finishing this month in production and the last new ones leaving the factory this month, i wondered if the beautiful Jaguar XJ is the 2010s onwards the Rover 75 brother, class and stands out from the crowd, i do have a spoft spot for these, and one of the last true great Britsh executive saloon cars,

sick of seeing SUV cars, love CARS!!! Whats your thought with the 51 years of the XJs passing, with just a few hundred brand new ones left for sale now...
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 14:35   #2
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

The last real Jaguar shape XJ finished in 2009 - the latest XJ always looked clumsy to me, and the rear end was just awful. I am not surprised that Jaguar Land Rover is reported to be struggling, although I am sad that it is.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 14:43   #3
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

i MUST ADMIT i thought that when they come out, in 2009 on the 59 platers yuk!!

however now years on they have grown into a 2019 car quite nicely and i drove one a few weeks, wow what a car to drive true power and luxury, and the Jaguar phase came back into my head from the 1960s

GRACE, PACE, SPACE so very true of this particular Jaguar.

it reminded me of MG Rover when they were trading another true phase under those unions jacks........ IN A CLASS OF IT'S OWN

Jaguar may make a serious error inventing a battery XJ... No grunt...when pressing down the peddle is NO NO for a Jaguar, we need the combustion engine with more efficient fuels, batteries YUK YUK YUK
Old 17th July 2019, 14:48   #4
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

They receive rave reviews and a few stalwart Jag owner’s I know love them
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 14:52   #5
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post

GRACE, PACE, SPACE so very true of this particular Jaguar.

Jaguar may make a serious error inventing a battery XJ... No grunt...when pressing down the peddle is NO NO for a Jaguar, we need the combustion engine with more efficient fuels, batteries YUK YUK YUK
I'm also a fan of the Grace, Space and Pace Jags. I had a 3.8 S type and a 4.2 XJ6. Electric and no grunt ?????? These new leccy motors can really fly with very little noise. Sounds perfect for a luxury car. I'd be happy to test drive one for the forseeable future. Come on JLR, give me one! ............... and I mean that in the best possible way!
Old 17th July 2019, 14:59   #6
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

The XJ and 75 were and are I different classes. Space for one is no comparison, although perhaps the lwb 75s could be close (but still not the same) . Pace, still no, and grace, sorry, not tried the later xj , but the 75 still cannot compare.

The 75 does a remarkable job in its class, but it is not in the same league as an older xj, at least. But at the end of the day it wasnt meant to be. Apples and oranges for me, I am afraid.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 15:03   #7
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I'm also a fan of the Grace, Space and Pace Jags. I had a 3.8 S type and a 4.2 XJ6. Electric and no grunt ?????? These new leccy motors can really fly with very little noise. Sounds perfect for a luxury car. I'd be happy to test drive one for the forseeable future. Come on JLR, give me one! ............... and I mean that in the best possible way!
Trouble is you DON'T own the Batteries a third party do, Not Jag either!!
all this rubbish about air pollution , heres a few points

its takes 10 barrels oil to make a combustion engine cars, to make a battery car 25 barrels of oil, so more oil up front for materials, then

the power stations are currently running at 96% in Great Britain, if we all go to battery cars the national grid will shut down at 17:05 when we all get home from work . The grid cannot take it and more coal/wind, hydro is being shoved in to push out the Giga watts to the houses. * FROM THE TAIL PIPE TO THE COOLING TOWERS INSTEAD*

These are things the GB government is NOT telling us about. THE end of life CARS ALSO not in here when the cars ARE scrapped in years to come, battery cars are more environmentally worse than the good old combustion engine and will cost YOU to scrap it .

Battery cars will also add to the depletion of oils of plastics, so all things made of plastic will increase household costs, as the great oil fields like Ghawhar ( SAUDI ARABIA) deplete year after year , currently from 9 million barrels a day to just 4.5 million barrels of oil now from 1948 to 2019.

This depletion is NOT being replaced by new technology or new oil fields, Ghawhar field is currently pumping in millions of gallons of water per day to keep the oil pressure up, Battery cars are NOT the answer its a front only.

JAGUAR do not do it keep making beautiful cars with another means... be a class leader , not crowd follower.
Old 17th July 2019, 17:33   #8
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts
Default Jaguar XJ

I would definitely have one of these, the fit and finish in the XJ is superb, glove box is lined with purple velvet, and is exceptionally comfortable, with the massage, heated and cooled Seats, and adaptive cruise control is the best out there.

Recently sat in one at a show, and can be picked up for less that a £13k. Cost around £60k when new, and a very good engine, with around 296 bhp for the 3.0 diesel.

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 17:51   #9
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Sacrilege I know and likely to get me hung but if I was in the market for something like an XJ.........

I'd be buying a Lexus LS430

Big V8.

Legendary reliability

Ride & comfort in spades

Can be picked up for a similar amount to a nice 75

What's not to like (apart from the 20ish mpg and the styling isn't to everyone's taste ).

Andy

Last edited by AndyN01; 17th July 2019 at 19:41..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 18:24   #10
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Sacrilege I know and likely to get me hung but if I was in the market for something like an XJ.........

I'd be buying a Lexus LS430/460

Big V8.

Legendary reliability

Ride & comfort in spades

Can be picked up for a similar amount to a nice 75

What's not to like (apart from the 20ish mpg and the styling isn't to everyone's taste ).

Andy

Stop it Andy! I've been looking at older S-types and now you've got me looking at Lexuses... Lexi?