Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th August 2020, 11:24   #1
paulh260260
Still learning...

Gold 04 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, Silver 52 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, 04 BRG Connie 2.5 V6 Petrol

Default Problems with fan

Hi Guys

On my 52 petrol 2.5 V6 Connie, it looks like my slow speed fan has gone, having tried and failed the ECON/Demist test.

As most of my driving is short daily trips to work I set up the IPK to monitor the temp ( setting 7.0) and did the trip today, and it never went above 92 so the first question is, is this well within the temp threshold of the engine?

If it is then it looks like there has probably been no heat damage and Ill be ceasing driving until its fixed.

That brings me onto my other question...

I also have an 05 petrol V6 connie (now a project and donor car) which had a replacement fan fitted last year ( with the help of Arctic) so naturally I thought I could cannibalise the relevant parts but once again the ECON/Demist test couldn't kick in the slow speed fan.

So am I unlucky with both fans going at the same time or am I doing something wrong with the test?

Cheers

Paul
paulh260260 is offline   Reply With Quote