wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts
Default Gun Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
re ypur celebs comment .
Charlton hestons quote (from my cold dead hand) comes to mind.
Yes, it never seems to register when people see famous ‘stars’ promoting things that they are actors, acting. Charlton Heston, then chairman of the NRA, gave a conference speech which ended “I will give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands“. He held up a replica Sharp rifle, totally different of course to the assault weapons of choice of would-be mass murderers. The slogan wasn’t even original, having been used by the NRA’s forerunner. He was recruited by the NRA as their figurehead because of his folk hero position as Hollywood Star and paid substantial sums to do the job. Whether he believed the propaganda is another matter. His cold, dead, heart must have been gently warmed by the insulating effect of all those dollar bills.
I watched NASA’s Greatest Missions on Quest last night and it was truly awesome. The other side of America, at its superb best. Barack Obama is now in his last term and has nothing to lose in tackling big business on this matter. He’ll bluff his way to the end.
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote