Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th November 2020, 11:38   #1
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Question Wiring loom routes

Does anyone know where I can get some clear diagrams showing the routes taken through our cars of the various groups of wires such as for Rear lights , front lights , towbar connector , rear parking . At the moment I am interested in possibly taping into some specific lines eg for
• Rear number plate
• Front side lights
But am seeking a good place / access to do this . I need one of these to control some DRL’s I aim to fit . Tapping somewhere around the Light Switch Control Unit seems good – could possibly break into wires coming out of the plug or pick up somewhere after they have been split into groups running forward towards front lights and backwards towards rear . Problem is I am not sure where the rear set run eg :-
• up A pillar and down somehow ?
• under car ?

Ideas and pointers welcome before I start pulling things apart to trace wires! . Can’t find any useful documents ( are there any?) or diagrams showing the physical placements. Circuit diagrams aplenty but clear routing rare.
Did raise a related thread in the Tech Forum but , so far , surprised no response!
Thanks.
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2020, 12:46   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

There is no loom fitted for the tow bar. For my Tourer I picked up the lights just before the offside cluster and for the power feed to the bypass relay, ran it under the centre console to the rear seat, across the front of the rear seat to the offside and then followed the existing wiring
If you look under the carpet as it folds up to the door openings, both sides I think, you should find some harness.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote