Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Scotland
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th July 2023, 20:47   #1
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts
Default The Freebyrd Memorial Lakeland Motor Museum Gathering.

Date; Sunday 6th August 2023 10.00am

www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk

For those members who have attended past meets over the years pre-pandemic at the Lakeland Motor Museum & who will along with Jan,[Silvervixen] Myself, [Bluejon] Linda, [Pink Dutchess] & Brian [BRI] have fond memories of a very dear & well respected Friend of ours & many Freebyrd [Brian Alexander] whom we sadly & suddenly lost in October 2018.

Brian loved to visit the Lake District on a regular basis particularly staying around the Windermere area & each year regularly attending & supporting the Lakeland meet from its inception up to shortly before his sad & untimely passing.

It is with Brian in mind & on the approach to 5 years since we lost Him we therefore dedicate & rename this event & hopefully resurrect this meet to continue as an annual event once again. Below is a dedicated photo with Brian from the last meet we held there in 2018, sadly this was to be the last time we saw Brian, a great loss of a good Friend to us & many others indeed to the Club itself. RIP Freebyrd.

This will be the first meet back at the Museum since 2018 & consequently the first one without Brian attending, therefore if any other members wish to attend, along with members already on the list you are all very much welcome to come along in respect of Freebyrd, many thanks in anticipation to everyone,take care & hope to see as many of you that can possibly make it along.

PS; I you wish to attend could you please add your name to the Cumbria RS for your name to be added to the list, many thanks.

Regards on behalf of.....Jan, John, Linda & Bri.

(Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way)

Last edited by Bluejon; 29th July 2023 at 12:45.. Reason: add disclaimer;
Bluejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2023, 17:05   #2
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

I would have loved to attend this meet, but I am working and need to give two weeks notice of annual leave.
Old 2nd August 2023, 10:11   #3
bigd
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75

Hi ,John

Just to let you know we might not get in the rover this sunday the alternater is goosed we had to be recovered from grantham last saturday waiting for a new one being delivered so is it ok to attend in the princess instead
CHEERS DEREK
bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2023, 14:28   #4
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
Hi ,John

Just to let you know we might not get in the rover this sunday the alternater is goosed we had to be recovered from grantham last saturday waiting for a new one being delivered so is it ok to attend in the princess instead
CHEERS DEREK
No problem at all D just as long as you & Gloria can make it over that's the main thing mate.

As a bit of an extra, I realize its a bit short notice, Jan, Myself, Bri & Linda along with Mick Brownhill the Yorkshire RS are travelling over Saturday Morning meeting up at the motor museum take in a road run, to Barrow to the Dockyard Museum followed by a run around walney Island then to Roa Island to see Piel Castle & finish up at Furness Abbey.

Jan & us are staying Sat night in Cartmel at Aynsome Manor B&B, Mick is just along the road at Uplands Inn Cartmel, just a thought if you both fancy staying over, there are other places you may know of around the area,not sure about prices.

We would love to have you & Gloria join us be a bit like old times, let me know what you think, meantime D take care both see you soon.

Cheers....John.

PS PM Sent.

Last edited by Bluejon; 2nd August 2023 at 14:30.. Reason: addition;
Bluejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2023, 21:38   #5
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

I cannot believe that’s been five years since Brian passed. I remember him like it was yesterday. A lovely guy. I always enjoyed our chats.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote