Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st April 2024, 16:41   #1
Glen B
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon Club, 2005 Rover 45, 2000 Rover 25, 1963 Rover 110

Default Odd things happening since fitting dab radio adapter

My wife bought me a plug in adapter so I can listen to digital radio stations without losing original radio. The company on the box is Kova Associates, Portsmouth. We followed the instructions, ie, remove passenger side windscreen trim, stick aerial to windscreen, stick earth piece to metal at side of window, put trim back, run cable towards display clipped to air vent, connect display to lighter socket. I ran the aerial cable down the inside of the trim, using an old 45 aerial with end of cable cable tied to it I pushed the aerial down the gap below the trim ( while trim was off) and it came out beside the drop down interior fuse box where I unclipped the aerial cable from the old 45 aerial and pulled the old 45 aerial back out and threaded the aerial cable through the drop down fuse box area and then pushed it between the pieces of trim until only a couple of inches from the display. The dab radio worked fine and we left it as we didn't go out in the car.

This morning I took the car for a short run to warm the engine oil up as I changed it and the filter and noticed the "door open" warning on the dashboard. Despite going round and checking/ closing all doors and bonnet and bootlid, the light is still on. Also reads "err" on heater display.

Changed oil, went for a very short run and noticed that although the lights, indicators actually work, there is no lights on the display to show me they are working or any usual clicking of the indicators or hazard lights. I'm wondering what's coming next!

Could I have caught something down the passenger side when I pushed the aerial down, I didn't go into the fuse area with it, I could see the cable in the gap between that and the side of the body?

It's almost like the dab adapter has given my car a virus. As we didn't mess with any electrics ( powered by lighter socket) while fitting, we didn't disconnect the battery and the instructions didn't suggest we did. Can anyone diagnose what's gone wrong and how to put it right please? I've had the car 15 years and never had such electrical problems before.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Glen B is offline   Reply With Quote