Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th February 2013, 17:32   #41
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Julienhouton If your socket is live with ignition of then yes. there are also clamps supplies which you can use to go straight onto the battery. other then that you may have to make a socket like I am doing.

I bought
15 amp wire
splash proof fuse holder
10 amp fuse
and of course the socket
i.I think I have some ring terminals gold plated ones at home so hopefully if they fit I will use them to connect the wire(s) to the battery would that be ok? Also i wont to get the + and - both off battery i take it i can do this without any probs?

thanks again

Last edited by prits_uk2002; 5th February 2013 at 17:59..
prits_uk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 09:10   #42
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default piggy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by prits_uk2002 View Post
Julienhouton If your socket is live with ignition of then yes. there are also clamps supplies which you can use to go straight onto the battery. other then that you may have to make a socket like I am doing.

I bought
15 amp wire
splash proof fuse holder
10 amp fuse
and of course the socket
i.I think I have some ring terminals gold plated ones at home so hopefully if they fit I will use them to connect the wire(s) to the battery would that be ok? Also i wont to get the + and - both off battery i take it i can do this without any probs?

thanks again
Thanks for the reply no,it is only live with ignition on! I just wanted the cubby hole socket for charging phone ect!! so can it still be done.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 13:27   #43
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

so do you want the solar panel to charge your phone? or do you just want and extra cig socket? i think you get different panels to charge phones but im not sure as im new to all this and still learning
Old 6th February 2013, 13:55   #44
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default piggy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by prits_uk2002 View Post
so do you want the solar panel to charge your phone? or do you just want and extra cig socket? i think you get different panels to charge phones but im not sure as im new to all this and still learning
Sorry misunderstanding, just want an extra cig socket>>
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 18:37   #45
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

could you not buy and cig socket hub? You can the put the input which is a male cig socket into the cars cig port and it will give you more cig sockets so you can plug in more things. you do need to bear in mind of the current running thru but to charge your phone you will be ok. Say you bought a 3 way one like this for example http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/car-3-way-...4be647c&_uhb=1.

Actually i would call that 4 way as its got 4 outputs:3 cig socket and 1 usb output so i would call it 4 way. Anyway you could perhaps use your phone normal usb cable and plug it in usb port therefore no need for those dodgy car charges that state are for your phone but say something else on the packing.

So lets say you bought this and decided to start using the other ports or even start using different item(S) you need to ensure you DO NOT overload the circuit. Exceed rated amps. Generally amps=watts/voltage

ps am new to this so best to confirmation. Hopefully someone may confirm if im right or wrong and correct or add as necessary.