Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th May 2010, 16:30   #211
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Sean (Radioguy) has been great, he has constantly been in touch with the factory in China, which is a bit of a problem with the time differences between China, Canada and the UK.

The factory did offer to send over a SD reader (internal in the head unit) for me to get fitted, but I had been along that route with my other head unit, I had replaced two components (over a 8 week period as I had to wait for them to arrive from China) and to great expense to me (totalling over £90.00 for an electrical engineer to replace the faulty items and the return postage another £66.00, which I never received any refund from the supplier, who had promised to refund me).

Sean has agreed under his warranty, which he has given the forum members to refund my return postage charge which will be around another £50-70 as it has to be sent via Parcelforce/ EMS to avoid the custom charges at both ends.

I am just waiting for confirmation on which service he wants it returned by.

Downside I will lose the radio for Christ knows now many weeks, my last unit took 21 days to get back to China and then another 10-14 days for it to get back to me.

So after just a few hours of the unit being in the car I have to take it out again

Membership No 135

Last edited by tony_fry; 6th May 2010 at 17:12..
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 16:43   #212
philb37
Avid contributor

MG-ZT-T cdti

Mine has been taken back to parceforce depot...I wont get it now till next week earliest!
philb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 16:47   #213
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb37 View Post
Mine has been taken back to parceforce depot...I wont get it now till next week earliest!
You should be able to contact Parcelforce and arrange for it to drop off at your local post office, or you can always collect from them they are open 8am till 12:30 on Saturday's , we send all our deliveries out by Parcelfoce because of this facility

Membership No 135

Last edited by tony_fry; 6th May 2010 at 17:13..
Old 6th May 2010, 20:08   #214
stux99
Posted a thing or two

MG3/TF Spark/ MGTF Steppy/ MG GS

Dont want to speak too soon but mine is in and working, just need to sort the s/wheel controls (ZT)

Stu
Old 6th May 2010, 21:44   #215
phenonix
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2001 Club Sedan V6 2.5

[QUOTE=tony_fry;519406]
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion View Post
Tony this sounds very strange. I'm sure you tried this, but there is a Sat nav setup menu for the sat nav software, and you can specify the route directory and the location of the IGO.exe file here. If you tried a different copy of IGO, then exe directory level may have changed so needs re-specifying. This is simple I've done this with lots of different copies of sat nav software on the unit and its worked every time. Like I said I'm sure you've tried this already but its worth mentioning incase you never found this option. If you card is showing completely blank in this option then I don't know what to suggest.[/QUOTE

Hi Fraser, I think I have tried everything. Attached is the setup screen for the SAT NAV, as you can see it does not show the "Storage Card" in the lower part of the screen, which it did before. If you can suggest anything that might help please let me know.

The Setup shows:-

Don't know if you tried this but

Some devices read storage cards differently, if your editing any ini or txt file, you may need to find out how your device recognises your memory card.

This can include:
StorageCard
Storage Card
SDMMC
SD Card
Flash Disk (internal memory)
Resident Flash (internal memory)
phenonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 06:28   #216
tony_fry

BMW I3

[QUOTE=phenonix;519620]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post

Don't know if you tried this but

Some devices read storage cards differently, if your editing any ini or txt file, you may need to find out how your device recognises your memory card.

This can include:
StorageCard
Storage Card
SDMMC
SD Card
Flash Disk (internal memory)
Resident Flash (internal memory)
I think I have tried everything, the original micro card that come with the unit and several other versions of IGO.

I might try TomTom on it, but to me it seems like the WINC CE software or the card reader is faulty, I tried the mico card on the left slot and it works fine, I.E I can play the music that on my cards that have IGO on it.

Membership No 135

Last edited by tony_fry; 7th May 2010 at 14:36..
Old 7th May 2010, 13:45   #217
Radioguy
Banned

None

Default Shipping Delays

Guys, On Another note, I just want this out there, We shipped out 42 Units and there have been 4 Not showing tracking. Yesterday we found 2 of the 4 at Export Control in China and they have since been sent on to the buyers. I want you all to know that even if a unit is lost, I will replace at my cost as It is my responsibility to get these to you. My Agent is working hard and tormenting EMS to trace these down.
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 16:43   #218
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

[quote=tony_fry;519709]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenonix View Post

I think I have tried everything, the original micro card that come with the unit and several other versions of IGO.

I might try TomTom on it, but to me it seems like the WINC CE software or the card reader is faulty, I tried the mico card on the left slot and it works fine, I.E I can play the music that on my cards that have IGO on it.

What happens when you press the master reset button? It may reset the Win CE if that is anything to do with it.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 16:47   #219
markb63
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190 +

i see a few people are wanting to run tom tom on this unit ? i can tell you that if you have an sd card this is possible , as i run tom tom on my binatone , its a bit complicated to do it and i spent about 3 days on and off messing with it to get it to work , you have to put internet explorer on the sd card with tom tom , if any body does want the tom tom software pm me , send me an sd card and i will copy mine to yours its got all the cameras and voices on it ....... the only downside with it is it doesnt boot straight to tom tom you have to go in to windows home page and then select tom tom takes about 6 seconds ish to boot to tom tom
markb63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 17:19   #220
tony_fry

BMW I3

[QUOTE=David Lawrence;519931]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post

What happens when you press the master reset button? It may reset the Win CE if that is anything to do with it.
No Sorry David, I have tried that, I disconnected the unit overnight to let the memory on the unit run out (Cache).

Sean and the Factory have now agreed to take the unit back, I had stripped it down to check the solder joints and the micro card read just to see if it was damaged, or if any of the fingers were not making contact.

I must say Sean, has been more than helpful.

I would suggest that anyone wanting to buy the unit, should use Sean, he has done more that another supplier would have done, I know from other experience with dealing with other sellers in China.

Membership No 135

Last edited by tony_fry; 7th May 2010 at 17:24..