Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st August 2018, 07:59   #21
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Come on Brian please come back losing you would be like losing the Titanic.

The amount of technical information you've brought over the years has greatly improved my learning and too keep my 75/ZT in top form during my ownership.

Your blunt and straight too the point and I admire that its shows passion for you what believe and know from your experience with the spanners.

Its not over yet Brain there's still plenty of members on here that need your help and advise.

Get back on that damn saddle or do I have too bring my anal probe down and put you back on it myself.

I've met you a few times your a good laugh and good banter as well and most importantly A true car enthusiast.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Old 21st August 2018, 08:02   #22
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yella Fella View Post
75s and ZT have a declining ownership and presence on our roads. The club needs to retain this knowledge for the longevity of the club.

I hope Brian doesn't go, we, that's the club and less knowledable members, need him.

It would appear more knowledgably people leave, than join. Not a good situation.
Declining ownership yes. Experts going yes.

Maybe that's the long term plan for some so they can push up the price & status of their shiny cars.

Can't believe how angry/frustrated I still am over all this.

A few years ago there appeared to be one or two witch hunt's going on, one of those seemed to be directed at me but you take some time out to think & come to the conclusion " Don't let the Ba****ds grind you down.

I just hope everyone thinks about what this forum is supposed to be about & that's

THE CARS

I feel like getting the membership in a room & banging a lot of heads together.

Here to be shot at

Paul
Old 21st August 2018, 08:06   #23
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Brian - this is not the outcome anyone here wanted. But, I for one understand and you should do whatever feels right in your heart now, then reconsider after a period and do whatever your heart and head tell you should to be done.

We have now lost two avid contributors and enthusiasts from the club within a period of one week. Perhaps it is time for the rest of the membership to consider the role that each of you may have played in this outcome. Have you perhaps played a part in getting us to this point with your posts? Specifically, did your posts provide the catalyst to a situation that could not possibly become the club norm?

Brian - It's a shame we never met as I think we would have really hit it off.

Last edited by MSS; 21st August 2018 at 08:11..
Old 21st August 2018, 08:08   #24
Terryf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon BRG

Unhappy

I never needed you for my car, but I read all your posts with great pleasure and will certainly miss them.
Good Luck Brian, in whatever you do next.

This Forum will be a sorrier place for your leaving.

Terry
Old 21st August 2018, 08:08   #25
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

A sad day indeed.

The shiny shiny brigade are instantly replaceable. If one leaves another will very quickly take their place. People with Brians skill set are very few and far between.
Old 21st August 2018, 08:09   #26
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
That`s good news, maybe Clyde might come back now.
Ken.
Brian's vast knowledge, help and expertise or Clydes throwing his teddies out the pram for not getting enough imogees for his detailing skills and questioning the true worth of his car?
Hopefully see you at the odd meet Brian. A massive loss to members past, present and in the future.
Old 21st August 2018, 08:11   #27
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Knowing Brian personally, and his addiction to helping members, I doubt we will have seen the back of him completely. I know he has a new venture on the cards, and will be concentrating on that.Thankfully, I live close enough to be able to keep in touch.
Brian, thank you so much for all your help and advice with my 75s over the last 8 years, don't be a stranger.
Old 21st August 2018, 08:40   #28
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

I too have never met Brian, but will miss him, for the selfish reason of his help. He was very helpful when I needed to replace the brake lines on my car, something which I didn't have the tools for and had never attempted before. I hope changes his mind and sticks around.
Old 21st August 2018, 08:46   #29
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

I have been a member on the forum for roughly the past 4 years. Although I haven't benefited from Brian's knowledge directly, except for the 160 remap, I appreciate what a huge loss his departure is.

I didn't really see the thread that has brought this to a head, but I can piece together enough from other contributor's comments to have an understanding. Personally I can see both the sides of the argument. For a valued member to leave due to differences in opinions on the value of a car is a disgrace.

As others have already stated, Brian can come across abrasive, but as adults surely we can accept people as they are, not how we would like them to be? Brian's abrasiveness, while not to everyone's taste, is who he is. Communication is, what 90%?, non verbal? Face to face Brian may not be difficult, but on a forum where one is unable to pick up body language cues, his comments can be misinterpreted.

Hopefully, as a group of adults, we can collectively learn from this to prevent a repeat before we lose more members.

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Old 21st August 2018, 08:47   #30
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts
Unhappy

What an immense loss to the club
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Brian a couple of times, albeit briefly, and you couldn’t meet a nicer bloke, full of banter and fun.

I’ve asked questions on here, and not just about 75s/ZTs, and the responses you get of Brian are always honest and accurate.

You will be greatly missed Brian.

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
Closed Thread