Notices

Old 21st November 2019, 10:16   #11
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I have not said it so I had better do so, I think the biker was wrong.
From the first picture it shows both cars are already on the roundabout and my thinking the give way to traffic from the right only applies to traffic already on the roundabout and the bike was not on the roundabout when either car entered it.
rule 185 seems to make me wrong
I do think the biker considers the mini to be in the wrong.

The Ka seemed to go straight on, just as well cos if he had turned right, that biker could have gone flying.

The dotted give way, as the Ka went straight on I don't think they have any bearing on ka/bike interaction. As for the mini, as I say above mini was on roundabout before bike so bike should give way but rule 185 indicates me to be wrong.

macafee2
That clears it up, as I was reading a defence of the biker. Rule 185 is clear. But it used to be clearer from.my memory. Give way to the right and to those already on the roundabout.

None of the drivers or riders gave way at the road markings, so all were wrong really. The ka and bini reached the lines at almost the same time, so if they kept moving, it would have been ok. The biker racing into the roundabout I think caused the concertina, by either impeding the ka from turning right or startling them, as.the slowed immediately on the roundabout.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2019, 10:36   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
That clears it up, as I was reading a defence of the biker. Rule 185 is clear. But it used to be clearer from.my memory. Give way to the right and to those already on the roundabout.

None of the drivers or riders gave way at the road markings, so all were wrong really. The ka and bini reached the lines at almost the same time, so if they kept moving, it would have been ok. The biker racing into the roundabout I think caused the concertina, by either impeding the ka from turning right or startling them, as.the slowed immediately on the roundabout.

sorry, I admit my replies were not clear to those that read them.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2019, 00:54   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
go to 6.19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a18onMUQyVc&t=318s and listen to the commentary, what are your thoughts?

macafee2
Well to me it seems obvious. Priority (my bad though, I use the term right of way) to the right, whilst watching the left and giving priority to those already on the roundabout. That is all well and good on paper, and 'the entitled generation' concentrate on theory (or their memory of theory!), without practical experience . Not even attempting to brake because they had 'right of way'. - then you have the BMW drivers

The actual video though, I felt he was a little too quick to enter the roundabout, as he didnt make an allowance for the car from the left being an idiot and not driving around the roundabout. This made the cam car come a little too close to the car from the left, and appear to be intimidating, even though the cam car did nothing wrong.

I have two simple thoughts when driving (a bit of good sense in its implementation of course, as every situation is different of course). I drive intending not to impede or hinder with consideration for others on the road, and if you make me brake with your manoeuvre, you have done wrong to me.

One thing I have noticed since I got my cameras, I adhere and pay more attention to speed limits as well as other road users.

Old 22nd November 2019, 01:29   #14
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

HERE is a special driver. It is drivers such as these that need to have their licences removed.

I should add, I make mistakes, and am definitely not perfect, but I have become more aware of my mistakes when I do make them.

Last edited by clf; 22nd November 2019 at 01:38..
Old 22nd November 2019, 10:22   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Does TSRGD Schedule 9, Part 6 Item 1, Diagram 1003.3 shed any light on who should give way?

macafee2
Old 22nd November 2019, 10:58   #16
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Does TSRGD Schedule 9, Part 6 Item 1, Diagram 1003.3 shed any light on who should give way?

macafee2
I dont know what that is lol.

But the way I look at it is. If 4 people arrive at the same time, and all stop. They can all go at once without hindrance. If a car has left the exit to my right I wait, two exits I go etc. All whilst preparing to stop if a car on my left does not stop to give me priority

Old 22nd November 2019, 13:04   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I dont know what that is lol.

But the way I look at it is. If 4 people arrive at the same time, and all stop. They can all go at once without hindrance. If a car has left the exit to my right I wait, two exits I go etc. All whilst preparing to stop if a car on my left does not stop to give me priority

its worth a look. This is my understanding of the small part I read. Those entering the roundabout give way to those already on it. So, you enter from the 6 o'clock but the person that entered at 9 o'clock was already on the roundabout, you may be on their right but you give way.

This works for the situation steam traction engine that enters from the 9 o'clock and the boy racer traveling at 50mph that gets to the roundabout say, 5 seconds later. I used two vehicles of differing speed because they cover ground at such different speeds. This again makes the biker wrong

macafee2
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:20   #18
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
its worth a look. This is my understanding of the small part I read. Those entering the roundabout give way to those already on it. So, you enter from the 6 o'clock but the person that entered at 9 o'clock was already on the roundabout, you may be on their right but you give way.

This works for the situation steam traction engine that enters from the 9 o'clock and the boy racer traveling at 50mph that gets to the roundabout say, 5 seconds later. I used two vehicles of differing speed because they cover ground at such different speeds. This again makes the biker wrong

macafee2
I am not sure how you mean. The way I read what you say is, the person who entered at the 9 o'clock, is expected to give priority to someone who enters after them, because they are coming from the right? But they are no longer coming from the right, but rather are now approaching from behind. The one entering at 6 o'clock is joining after the 9 o'clock. They now are effectively behind on the same carriageway.

Old 23rd November 2019, 08:45   #19
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

give way to traffic from the right, see 2 mins 8 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UjohJJPS4k

macafee2