Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th December 2019, 21:06   #150151
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Richard, I’ve been there quite a bit lately, I’m not bad at the minute but went through a couple of really low spells recently, it just seemed every corner I turned there was another kick in the knackers, I didn’t feel unwell but I did have a lack of energy & interest. I don’t sleep well anyway so it doesn’t take long to wear me down. A lady friend of mine gave me a huge hug and gave me this advice, if it’s something you can’t do anything about then why chew yourself up over it, it’s happened and you just have to accept it. I took it on board & it has helped to be honest
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2019, 08:08   #150152
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning all, how is everyone coping with Christmas? I acknowledge our friends here who are miserable and feeling grumpy. One of the classic signs of a depression is when a solution is offered, it is not going to be good enough and what ever is offered up, it will be rejected by the sufferer.

This is the second weekend in a row the robbers have left us alone. I suspect now Christmas is almost over, they will be under less pressure from their families to be buying them presents and spending money on new clothes, new school uniforms for their children either that or they have been caught or are dead in a ditch.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2019, 08:33   #150153
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone.

Grey and overcast but mild.

Need to re-stock the food cupboards plus the medicinal cabinet.

Neither of the cars have been out over the last week so I’ll take the Bear out for today’s run, and maybe Banana this afternoon.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2019, 09:34   #150154
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, nice and sunny here this morning, I have woke up feeling rough with a sore throat... I blame Bob, he’s passed the germs through the internet 🤣
Old 30th December 2019, 09:38   #150155
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Morning all - a semblance of normality returning after excessive eating and drinking.
Mild weather, no sign of frost or snow - most unChristmas like.
Had a costly day out in Whitby on Friday - £55.00 for 3 lots of fish 'n' chips, reduced to £37 'cos I had a bogof voucher - excellent grub and lots of it. The problem arose when I got back to the car park (which had cost me £5.50 for 3 hours!) and found a ticket on the screen!! To cut a long story short, it would seem that I put the ticket on top of the dashboard (no self adhesive backing to put it on the screen), but when I closed the door to lock up, the draught must have caused the darned thing to flip over and land face down. Result was that the warden could't read the details as they were face down on the dashboard.
Tried to argue, with photographic evidence, that I did have a valid ticket, but they said the fine was for "incorrect display" rather than a non-existent ticket - hence £50.
It was reduced to £25 for early payment - but even then, it made for an expensive day. Moral - always have a look at your parking ticket AFTER you've locked the car, to ensure the correct surface is visible through the window

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2019, 10:20   #150156
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Sunny bright & frosty here this morning.

Ouch Rod! Fish n Chips are an expensive thing nowadays. That must have a shocker to get a parking ticket even though you'd bought one, All this parking malarkey is one of my bugbears One of the reasons I don't go into town in the car here any more.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2019, 11:07   #150157
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning all - a semblance of normality returning after excessive eating and drinking.
Mild weather, no sign of frost or snow - most unChristmas like.
Had a costly day out in Whitby on Friday - £55.00 for 3 lots of fish 'n' chips, reduced to £37 'cos I had a bogof voucher - excellent grub and lots of it. The problem arose when I got back to the car park (which had cost me £5.50 for 3 hours!) and found a ticket on the screen!! To cut a long story short, it would seem that I put the ticket on top of the dashboard (no self adhesive backing to put it on the screen), but when I closed the door to lock up, the draught must have caused the darned thing to flip over and land face down. Result was that the warden could't read the details as they were face down on the dashboard.
Tried to argue, with photographic evidence, that I did have a valid ticket, but they said the fine was for "incorrect display" rather than a non-existent ticket - hence £50.
It was reduced to £25 for early payment - but even then, it made for an expensive day. Moral - always have a look at your parking ticket AFTER you've locked the car, to ensure the correct surface is visible through the window
I always carry a bit of blu-tac in the car for this reason.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2019, 15:44   #150158
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Afternoon all, It's gone very dark and cold now, Time to come in from the garage after sorting some stuff out & trying to air the place out, Very damp in there

I've got a container of home made vegetable & ham soup out of the freezer for tea followed by some pork n mustard barm cakes

Old 30th December 2019, 20:09   #150159
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening all, just awaiting for my pizza to cook!
Old 30th December 2019, 21:09   #150160
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Evenin' all, Love is a well stocked fridge of Henry Weston's.