Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th December 2019, 11:05   #11
Bones28

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAX54 View Post
Hi, I had the same code and symptoms on my V6. It turned out to be the crank shaft sensor.
Not to expensive and fairly easy to do. Hope this helps
Thank you will check that out. The strangest thing is that after each new camshaft sensor the car fired up immediately then restarted several times before throwing the same code and refusing to restart.

Will be trying everything suggested tomorrow.

Wish us luck lol.
Bones28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2019, 11:58   #12
Bones28

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAX54 View Post
Hi, I had the same code and symptoms on my V6. It turned out to be the crank shaft sensor.
Not to expensive and fairly easy to do. Hope this helps
Got a new crank sensor this morning, car still won’t start, same error code, no need for freezer test is really cold out.
Old 31st December 2019, 12:04   #13
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

I think it points to loss of contact between the sensor and the ECU - have you checked the wiring.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2019, 12:21   #14
Bones28

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
I think it points to loss of contact between the sensor and the ECU - have you checked the wiring.
Just taking it apart to get to the loom.
Old 31st December 2019, 13:54   #15
Bones28

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones28 View Post
Just taking it apart to get to the loom.
Loom looks ok, it started with 2 new cam sensors straight away but only for a few trips. I have had the ECU disconnect, moved all wires while trying to start but nothing.
Old 31st December 2019, 15:01   #16
Bones28

Rover 75

Quote:
Loom looks ok, it started with 2 new cam sensors straight away but only for a few trips. I have had the ECU disconnect, moved all wires while trying to start but nothing.
Fuel pressure 50psi
Old 31st December 2019, 15:07   #17
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Loom looks ok ...
I think you're going to have to get a multimeter on this to check for electrical continuity paying particular attention to any connectors. The RAVE description for P0340 is that no signal is being received from the camshaft position sensor. In other words, there's an open circuit and it's intermittent by the sound of it because every time you fit a new sensor the fault is temporarily cured.

By the way the reference to "A circuit" which you quoted in your first post applies to the crankshaft sensor not the camshaft sensor. Are you sure that you have the right fault code?

Simon

Last edited by SD1too; 31st December 2019 at 15:11..
SD1too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2019, 16:37   #18
Bones28

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
I think you're going to have to get a multimeter on this to check for electrical continuity paying particular attention to any connectors. The RAVE description for P0340 is that no signal is being received from the camshaft position sensor. In other words, there's an open circuit and it's intermittent by the sound of it because every time you fit a new sensor the fault is temporarily cured.

By the way the reference to "A circuit" which you quoted in your first post applies to the crankshaft sensor not the camshaft sensor. Are you sure that you have the right fault code?

Simon
Hi Simon yes defiantly P0340 sometimes with A circuit and sometimes without, the new crank sensor from Rimmer Bro might have taken away the A circuit but still did not start. My friend has an MGF 1.8 would his sensor be the same.

Tony
Old 31st December 2019, 16:44   #19
Roneppy

Rover 75

Default It cranks but no start after warm soak

I am new here so still practicing the web tools...

I am currently also following the same symptom, with the disadvantage not being able to read Diag Codes on my 1999 2,0L V6. This means I am using old school methods... I am tickled pink to follow this, as I also ordered a cam sensor today....

I was hoping to find some threads on affordable Diag tools as I have no dealer in Luxembourg or Belgium with a Testbook4....my OBD2 CreaderVI does not read anything , so I may have one of the early OBD1 vehicles.

thx for help in advance
Ron
Roneppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2020, 08:22   #20
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roneppy View Post
I am new here so still practicing the web tools...

I am currently also following the same symptom, with the disadvantage not being able to read Diag Codes on my 1999 2,0L V6. This means I am using old school methods... I am tickled pink to follow this, as I also ordered a cam sensor today....

I was hoping to find some threads on affordable Diag tools as I have no dealer in Luxembourg or Belgium with a Testbook4....my OBD2 CreaderVI does not read anything , so I may have one of the early OBD1 vehicles.

thx for help in advance
Ron
Get yourself a copy of Toaf, an invaluable diagnostic tool which can read everything on your Rover, and is freeware. Available here: http://toaf.roverki.eu/index.php/en/ Lots of information in previous threads.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote