Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th December 2019, 18:46   #1
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts
Default 3 years ago today

We lost one of the greatest rock guitarists of all time. Rick Parfitt from Status Quo.
Keep the rythm going up there Rick, we miss you R I P
Old 26th December 2019, 05:25   #2
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

My wife used to go to Quo concerts with her mum. Sadly my mother in law was taken from us by cancer just two weeks before Christmas. That was 8 years ago. But really doesn't feel like it was that long ago.
Christmas time has very mixed feelings for us, we always lift a glass on Christmas day and I make a toast to absent friends.
I know I'm not the only one out there who have lost love ones around Christmas time.
Fond memories of Rick rockin' and my Jane and her mum enjoying the sounds!
Rock on Rick!

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2019, 10:44   #3
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Job View Post
My wife used to go to Quo concerts with her mum. Sadly my mother in law was taken from us by cancer just two weeks before Christmas. That was 8 years ago. But really doesn't feel like it was that long ago.
Christmas time has very mixed feelings for us, we always lift a glass on Christmas day and I make a toast to absent friends.
I know I'm not the only one out there who have lost love ones around Christmas time.
Fond memories of Rick rockin' and my Jane and her mum enjoying the sounds!
Rock on Rick!
I lost my dad 7/12/16 and had tickets for Quo concert on 22/12/16, so I can totally relate to your wife's thinking. I didn't enjoy the concert aa much as I would have if my dad hadn't left us. Still undecided about whether to go next year. Richie Malone is a great guitar player, but he's no Rick Paefitt.
Old 27th December 2019, 17:16   #4
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

I got into Status Quo as a 10 year old in 1984 (just in time for them disbanding with their 'End of the Road' tour!) Happily they came back again and Ive seen them live on many occasions. They have been a constant throughout the last 35 years of my life and I cant imagine not having a "Quo" song to immediate hand. Rick was a fabulous guitarist and a great partnership was he and Francis. The old green and white Fender guitars were quite a combo - Keep on Rockin'!
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2019, 19:34   #5
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
I got into Status Quo as a 10 year old in 1984 (just in time for them disbanding with their 'End of the Road' tour!) Happily they came back again and Ive seen them live on many occasions. They have been a constant throughout the last 35 years of my life and I cant imagine not having a "Quo" song to immediate hand. Rick was a fabulous guitarist and a great partnership was he and Francis. The old green and white Fender guitars were quite a combo - Keep on Rockin'!
Pretty much the same as me, I got into them via my best mate and have liked them ever since, my first concert was 1988, and we saw them every year up until 2012. That year we saw them at The Sage Gateshead, which is more of a classical music venue, rather than a rock band venue, the atmosphere was cr@p, so after that we decided to give it a miss for a year or two and started going to the NEC show instead, the last time I saw them was 2016. Sadly The Sage is where the local concert is next year, can’t decide whether or not to bother.
Old 27th December 2019, 19:39   #6
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Saw them live once at a biker bash, a fantastic gig - You could tell the band were enjoying themselves.