Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th January 2020, 17:21   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default clearing the house

My wife wants to clear the house of things we no longer want.... well she does not want There is stuff of mine that although not very attached to I'd not sell unless pushed and I've been pushed

Wife has been photographing and advertising on ebay. She did not know how much stuff I had. She has spent days at the computer creating adverts and wrapping parcels and has barely scratched the surface selling my stuff With most of my stuff in the loft or a cupboard the house will look no different, the biggest thing that has gone is a hostess trolley bought 35 years ago at a Scout auction for just 1 meal.

There are many more days to come with her taking photos and sitting at the computer with me getting her cups of tea every hour.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2020, 10:21   #2
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
My wife wants to clear the house of things we no longer want.... well she does not want There is stuff of mine that although not very attached to I'd not sell unless pushed and I've been pushed

Wife has been photographing and advertising on ebay. She did not know how much stuff I had. She has spent days at the computer creating adverts and wrapping parcels and has barely scratched the surface selling my stuff With most of my stuff in the loft or a cupboard the house will look no different, the biggest thing that has gone is a hostess trolley bought 35 years ago at a Scout auction for just 1 meal.

There are many more days to come with her taking photos and sitting at the computer with me getting her cups of tea every hour.

macafee2
Don't drop your guard - you may get listed yourself

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2020, 10:31   #3
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

Isn't it strange, when our other halves decide to have a clear out, it's usually our stuff that gets selected for going?

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2020, 10:58   #4
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Job View Post
Isn't it strange, when our other halves decide to have a clear out, it's usually our stuff that gets selected for going?
Yes that is strange, I get told I have to many clothes. She has 3 or 4 times as many as me and more arrive every week. Apparently I don't understand?

I suggested last year she get of rid of some of her clothes that she didn't ware any more, what a mistake that was. Even more arrived a few weeks later and more shopping trips as '' she had nothing to ware''.

You have to love them.

Also why do they have a hate of cobwebs? They do nobody any harm apart from stray insects but we can be watching the TV and the next thing I know she is diving off for the webber.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2020, 07:46   #5
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

We are building a new bungalow and will be putting our current house on the market in the spring. After 20 years we need a big clearout pre sale. Not looking forward to that process
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2020, 08:04   #6
MarkS
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer, called Perseverance

Talking

1) Try a wife swapping party. If you advertise here, you might get a few good Rover spares in the swap.
2) If you can't face that, sell the computer ; that'll slow her down !

While on topic, anybody want an old ball and chain ? Reason for sale : Unwilling to clean the washer bottle on a R75.

Last edited by MarkS; 14th January 2020 at 08:23..
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2020, 09:13   #7
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

I have tons of items from those that "will come in handy one day" to the split hiking boots that no longer stay together after the third use of Gorilla glue. One of the excuses I use for not thinking about moving house is that it will take years to clear the garage and loft. Of the numerous items I have listed for sale, only about 5% actually sell. I am allergic to dumping stuff.

I think it is good to have an independent view, i.e a spouse or partner.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote