Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th October 2016, 17:11   #1
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Default Sunroof Rattle/Vibration

Our sunroof has developed an irritating vibration that comes intermittently and quite often at speeds over 40.
It was quite rare at first and I couldnt figure it out, but as its become more and more common whilst driving I narrowed it down to the sunroof.

If I give the glass at the forward side of the sunroof a sharp knock it rattles, it appears to be the passenger side more that the drivers. But all the torcs and screws appear to be tight.

Any ideas chaps?
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 15:30   #2
Animesis
Loves to post

still hoping someone might have an idea! Its driving me mad
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Old 18th November 2016, 22:43   #3
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Sorry you have got no replies, all I can suggest is to ensure the sunroof has not fell from the 6 torx screws (even though it may feel secure!). Does the sunroof look to be in the correct position while closed?

Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 13:57   #4
Animesis
Loves to post

Lost the thread for a while there, yup all the torcs are nice and tight.

If i open it halfway and then push up on the glass I can see the glass and its assembly lifting up off the runners slightly -this is where the vibration is coming from, but only on the drivers side.

The passenger side doesnt lift at all, but I still cant figure out where and how its held down against the runners