Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th January 2017, 16:24   #1
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Default Free AC degas?

Does anyone know a company down south that does a free degas of the aircon? Ive read online companies have to degas for free by law (?), so what they seem to do is require you book in for a regas at a later date which is frustrating. Right after Christmas in winter Im happy to regas at a much later date when Ive more spare cash and its a bit warmer
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 16:50   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesis View Post
Does anyone know a company down south that does a free degas of the aircon? Ive read online companies have to degas for free by law (?), so what they seem to do is require you book in for a regas at a later date which is frustrating. Right after Christmas in winter Im happy to regas at a much later date when Ive more spare cash and its a bit warmer
I don't see why any company would be obligated to carry out any work for free without some financial commitment.

Operational aicon is atleast as useful during winter as summer - it keeps the windscreen clear.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 19:01   #3
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
... obligated ..
Obliged Maninder!

Say no to the uncontrolled immigration of Americanisms.

Simon
Old 11th January 2017, 20:27   #4
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Ive no issue paying a fiver or even a tenner for a company to take it out, unfortunately the govt has seen fit to make it illegal to charge for that service, which means now most companies wont do it without booking a regas at a later date.

Thankfully my brother in laws father has offered to do it -garage owner-
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 21:13   #5
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Obliged Maninder!

Say no to the uncontrolled immigration of Americanisms.

Simon
Thank you, Simon

I also hate such language so a double wrist slap prescribed to self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesis View Post
Ive no issue paying a fiver or even a tenner for a company to take it out, unfortunately the govt has seen fit to make it illegal to charge for that service, which means now most companies wont do it without booking a regas at a later date.

Thankfully my brother in laws father has offered to do it -garage owner-
It is illegal to release the gas into the atmosphere and there is a legal requirement for it to be contained and processed. This is to protect the environment from harmful effect of release.

I do not believe that there is any legal requirement relating to the charging (or otherwise) for gas removal. Would you be good enough to highlight the source of your information please?

I suspect the reality is that most people would not make the effort to carry out the work for the sake of a minimal payment e.g. £5 given the cost of equipment involved and time. Offer them £30 and see what happens.

Last edited by MSS; 12th January 2017 at 06:17..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 22:56   #6
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Does no one make a home kit where you can connect it up and collect the gas in a small canister?

Seems strange if not!
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 06:21   #7
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

My mate's car degasses itself without any recourse to a third party It also cares not for any current regulations

BTW re-gassing around here is £25 - 35 ....... FYI.....

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote