Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th May 2017, 18:01   #21
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill_190 View Post
Thanks mate..
Thats was my list of things to replace.. just weighing up spending £1500 to renew everything
Well I look at it like this.....
My 1.8 cost £500. In 2004 brand new it was around £18,700.
So, over the next ten years if I spend £5000 replacing worn parts I still have a cheap luxury car
Don't be put off by cost if you intend to keep the car for many years
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2017, 18:24   #22
dbt01
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill_190 View Post
Cheers.. im sure mine is knocking more from drivers front but only over certain cracks in road! With the vague feeling im thinking its maybe the front wishbones
Very unlikely, but it did happen to me and very easy to check. Top nut on one front shocker worked loose. You could see the difference in the amount of thread visible left vs. right. Almost 1/2" difference!

David
dbt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 13:53   #23
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

Grrr at the garafge now and they cant find anything wrong with front suspension apart from front anti roll bar on drivers side, only done them 4 months ago using febi ones! Also rear arm has some play. Hopefully the drop links will sort the issue for now!
Phill_190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 17:16   #24
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

Well had the drop links changed at pro tyre after only being on car about 3 months and the clunking is gone!! They must of only lasted 1500 miles, pretty bad! Also after countless attempts by garages to align steering so wheel is straight on hunter machines etc they also done this using the basic laser things and guess what!? The wheel is perfectly straight, and back to the firm planted feeling it always had. Its mad!! He also pointed out the rear arms have slight play and how good a condition it was underneath
Do rear arms effect the ride much?

Last edited by Phill_190; 16th May 2017 at 17:20..
Old 17th May 2017, 21:22   #25
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Ive had a similar problem got under the car with a crowbar and found the rear wish bone bush has come ever so slightly loose (talking about minute amounts, but movement nonetheless), have tightened it as much as possible and its much better, unfortunately I cant get access to the bolt to get it nice and tight, so soon ill be investing in a flexible spanner to get in there and put it on with loctite

Second time its come loose, I blame all the damnded speed bumps around here
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 21:35   #26
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesis View Post
Ive had a similar problem got under the car with a crowbar and found the rear wish bone bush has come ever so slightly loose (talking about minute amounts, but movement nonetheless), have tightened it as much as possible and its much better, unfortunately I cant get access to the bolt to get it nice and tight, so soon ill be investing in a flexible spanner to get in there and put it on with loctite

Second time its come loose, I blame all the damnded speed bumps around here
I deff think mine are just worn tbh judging by how rusty it all is! But its driving perfect
Old 24th May 2017, 21:38   #27
Grumble and Grouch
Regular poster

MGZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
May I suggest that you should suspect the strut top mounting and bearing, it doesn't give many clues when all jacked up.
Good luck
Think mine need doing, not being technical is there anything else I should replace at the same time and how much should it cost?
Grumble and Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote