Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th December 2017, 14:02   #1
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Default FBH text wiring

Wired up my new GSM timer relay to the FBH and its not responding at all, ive checked and there is electric coming into the device but no LED lights, either im not doing the correct method to make it recognise the phone or the wiring is wrong

Any ideas?
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 14:45   #2
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

For now forget the relay wiring as the GSM should come on when you power up the unit with a series of LED flashes including the handshake with the sim card, just checking that the power you have is permanent 12v and not switched and that you have the sim card in as not clear on the picture ? ( there is a protruding bit but is that printed on the board or the actual sim ? )

If above good double check your supply and earth and dont dismiss that the unit could be faulty as Lewis has had some problems along the way.

By the way to save a bit of space you can jump the 12v and common on the board save having 2 wires in for both.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 14:55   #3
Animesis
Loves to post

The power supply to the GSM is from the FBH under bonnet fuse (one of those blade add a fuse thing) should i move it to another fuse?
Though I put a meter between the wire and a common ground and did read a voltage of about 11 volts
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Old 29th December 2017, 16:02   #4
Animesis
Loves to post

"you need to put power in the terminals marked Power In 9-12vdc"

From the maker, but does anyone know if that means power into one of the power in terminals, power into both, or is one meant to be a common?
Old 29th December 2017, 16:57   #5
trebor
This is my second home

One is a common as you have it wired, you say you have tested the 12v have you tested your common connnection ?

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
Old 29th December 2017, 17:02   #6
trebor
This is my second home

try disconnecting your +12v and common from the GSM and put across the battery as a way of testing your connections

Robs Car Gallery

Old 29th December 2017, 17:29   #7
Animesis
Loves to post

I think I have but I'm second guessing myself on it all now
I put a meter across the live and common to get the readings
Old 29th December 2017, 17:33   #8
trebor
This is my second home

looking at your picture you have the wires in the wrong section ?

"you need to put power in the terminals marked Power In 9-12vdc"

There is nothing in these ?

Robs Car Gallery

Old 29th December 2017, 17:39   #9
Animesis
Loves to post

That's what I had wondered
There is nothing no
So the input wires should be in the power in not input
Does it require a common or just +12v on both power in?
Old 29th December 2017, 17:42   #10
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

trebor is correct, you have got your supply in the 6-12v input, move the supply wires to the Power In 9-24v You can also do away with the incoming wires to the relay COM 's by jumping from the Power in + & -

Is it mounted under bonnet or behind glovebox.

Last edited by Devilish; 29th December 2017 at 17:55..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote