Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th December 2017, 17:07   #11
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Wired up like that, still nothing, the GSM gets its power from fuse number 4 under the bonnet
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 17:10   #12
Animesis
Loves to post

Turned the ignition on and it all lit up, which fuse can i tap on under the bonnet that doesn't need the ignition on?
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Old 29th December 2017, 17:15   #13
Atcchus
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Auto Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesis View Post
Turned the ignition on and it all lit up, which fuse can i tap on under the bonnet that doesn't need the ignition on?
Is it yours mk2 or mk1? . I wired it permanent live from behind the glove box .
Atcchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 17:16   #14
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

fuse 4 is not the FBH ( thats fuse 8 ) so i suspect you may have it wired to a switched live , try switching on the ignition to see if the GSM comes to life

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 17:19   #15
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

i like a happy ending , just test the fuses with your meter with ignition off to find a perm live, where are you locating the GSM ?

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 17:24   #16
Animesis
Loves to post

Moved the GSM supply to fuse 8 under bonnet and that's working and relay one works
Now the other fuse for the DPDT relay which is in the glove box fuse box, which of these would be unswitched?
Old 29th December 2017, 17:30   #17
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Take 12v from where you want, If you want it from under bonnet box, I would remove the piggyback, put on a 5A inline festoon fuse, put a ring terminal on, and put it under the screw retaining the 12v lead from the battery to the main fuse. Keep your finger on the lead so you don't loose any codes.
Old 29th December 2017, 17:31   #18
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesis View Post
Moved the GSM supply to fuse 8 under bonnet and that's working and relay one works
Now the other fuse for the DPDT relay which is in the glove box fuse box, which of these would be unswitched?
Get rid of that wire, take it out tape it up as a spare 12v, or remove it altogether.

Look at the pic I posted. You do not need a separate 12v for relay 2 common, it is a waste of time, just jump from your 12v Power in. You have the GSM module fused through the 12v supply.

You can also get rid of the earth to relay 1, and jump from your Power in earth

Last edited by Devilish; 29th December 2017 at 17:38..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 17:42   #19
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Don't know where your GSM is, or where your DPDT is located

but your DPDT needs a permanent fused 12v, the best place to take it from is the 12v that goes to your GSM, so you have a single fuse point, in the engine box, which is a lot easier than fiddling behind the glove box.

One other thing, the DPDT, get a mini with socket, it has screw terminals

It is wired in to act as a diode as well as a relay, to prevent feedback turming on your ignition when the GSM turns on your A/C

Last edited by Devilish; 29th December 2017 at 17:52..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 18:18   #20
Animesis
Loves to post

Youve all been stars, its going as it should now. A simple wiring issue and fuse location issue.
Thankyou for all your help.

if anyone is looking into doing this and read this, be prepared the How To suggests having a separate fused supply for the DPDT going to the glove box I gather, judging by how Ive been told to wire it in this isnt necessary? As I had all the wiring in place, I moved the add on fuse to the interior light fuse

Thanks friends!