Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th May 2019, 11:27   #21
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Yes that's true, insurance company have said it could take them 18 months to get anything back from the uninsured fund, if anything. One has said he thinks its not worth them pursuing at all even questioning his colleagues trying to. They've told me that my no claims will not be reduced but because they cannot get their money paid out to me back my premiums will go up.

May get my excess back in about 18months as a clause in the policy is that if I'm hit by an uninsured driver they refund it, but only after exhausting all avenues. But I will have about £1500 left after fixing the car when taking into account parts, labour and contingencies so something towards the increased premiums.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2019, 14:34   #22
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I know just how you feel. Several years back I got hit and the address given by the other driver was “slightly wrong” .

My insurance “legal team” were just letting it go and I would have lost my NCD.

I went to the address given in Glasgow and found within a very small area there was similarly named addresses like Road, Avenue, Gardens, Crescent etc and I looked up all of them till I came across the correct name at one of them.

Obviously the driver concerned knew his correct address but gave a different version to me.
I contacted my insurance company with the new information and subsequently managed to get paid out in full without losing my NCD
I no longer pay for legal services through my insurance.

I have dash cameras on both my cars as they were instrumental in a successful claim when my Jaguar XF was written off in 2017
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019, 10:16   #23
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

The insurance company have paid out now and the monies in the bank. Big Russ is coming over to sort out what parts we need and once they are here it will all go over to his to be fixed. He recons two days should do it. I will then take it for an MOT, not needed according to the rules, but I think prudent and its due soon anyway. Insurance company recommended I keep all receipts etc and take pictures of the work, before, during and after to verify quality should it ever be needed, or I wish to sell it on.

Just an aside, I know these V50s are good at holding value but just realised that what the insurance has paid out is only £460.00 less than I paid for it at a dealers, less discount and before trade in taken off. That's in just under 2.5 years ownership. I think that has to be the lowest depreciation I've ever had or heard of on an every day car.
Old 30th May 2019, 14:20   #24
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

The Volvo is now back home from Big Russ's all fixed except for needing the tracking done. That's booked in next Tuesday and also for its MOT which is due soon.

Big Russ did a great job as usual and without any help from me. My back took a turn for the worse and under Dr's orders told to take it easy to let it recover, so he had no one to hinder him. The insurance wrote it off as a Cat N because the cost of repairs was going to be £3800.00. The actual cost using reclaimed and new critical parts and Russ's labour came to £670.00. That included a drive shaft he didn't use, strut, hub, wing in the same colour, wing liner, all salvaged, lower arm assy. track control arm, ball joints etc all new and paint. The insurance sold the car back to me for £701.00. My excess may be refunded once they have exhausted all avenues re the other car not being insured. They have a clause that if hit by an uninsured driver they refund the excess.

That's what I call a result, this car has now more than paid for itself when its now repaired value is taken into consideration. The insurance company have continue the insurance without increased premium, so far, till it runs out and after checking with the DVLA, because of conflicting web info, it will not be recorded by them as a write off, but is on the insurance data base.
Old 30th May 2019, 20:34   #25
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Thanks Bob, you're most welcome, glad you're happy with it

Fortunately it was a pretty straightforward repair and we were very lucky to get that near perfect front wing in the right colour.
Strut was well and truly bent as was the steering tie rod, wing severely dented and the wheel arch liner had shattered. Surprisingly the wheel wasn't bent at all.
New tie rod and track rod end were fitted and a complete new bottom arm assembly was changed as a precaution. A replacement hub was fitted too. Although a used driveshaft was obtained it wasn't needed as on checking the original hadn't suffered.

Took a bit longer than expected as we had to wait for the new parts but it's now better than it was before the accident because of all the new bits.
In fact looking at the car you'd never know anything had ever happened.

Really with hindsight despite the inconvenience, that uninsured driver did you a favour. Financially you've gained and managed to retain your car too

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote