Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th March 2020, 18:52   #1
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Default JLR Halting production at Liverpool

JLR is halting production at Liverpool Halewood i believe, due to slowing sales, however, many reporters are saying the parts sections are starting to bite because of the V19 virus.

not sure if its true, Castle Bromwich is ok and Solihull no closure there, they said it would be for 2-3 weeks only ???

this on the back of Bristol going down today!!!! always around March/April

2005 springs to MIND!!!NOT another brit.
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2020, 20:11   #2
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post
JLR is halting production at Liverpool Halewood i believe, due to slowing sales, however, many reporters are saying the parts sections are starting to bite because of the V19 virus.

not sure if its true, Castle Bromwich is ok and Solihull no closure there, they said it would be for 2-3 weeks only ???

this on the back of Bristol going down today!!!! always around March/April

2005 springs to MIND!!!NOT another brit.

Ugh! That's really bad news for JLR, A lot of the auto manufacturers as we know them today are going to change beyond all recognition in the coming years.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2020, 21:10   #3
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

I'd say pricing is half their problem.

I'd they aimed or produced a lower market sector product that the absolute yuppy garbage they make now they would be afloat.

They where onto a winner with the likes of the x type, a small affordable jaguar in saloon, tourer and coupe would have gone done extremely popular.

Akin to the 75 range, in fact I'd say a huge proportion of 75 owners would have migrated there naturally.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2020, 21:59   #4
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Visited my local Jaguar dealership yesterday to pick up some touch up paint for my latest X Type (great cars btw, my 4th and I still have the other 3!), and their forecourt was rammed with 20 platers waiting to be picked up. I looked back at my ZT in trophy blue and it still looked the best shaped car there. Even the young salesman called it cool, and it wasn't even clean, being my current daily runner!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2020, 23:07   #5
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

After working within a Jaguar Main Dealer I always aspired to owning one some day.
I eventually purchased a lovely low mileage 3.0d XF but after Main Dealer problems and door corrosion I was left disenchanted.

Jaguar eventually replaced all four doors after a lengthy fight but sadly the car was written off just weeks later.

I vowed never to purchase a JLR product again and now run two Mercedes both of which out class Jaguar.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2020, 23:21   #6
Madderz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I was working at a bmw dealer this afternoon and we were saying how things have changed.

Not even that long ago they'd be open until 1am when the plates came in so you could have the new rev the day it came out, now it's twice a year and hardly anyone actually buys a car outright these days, their words were Anyone can get finance these days, nobody cares about a new reg because they'll just buy private plate on a credit card

I don't think actual cash comes into it these days. There's a lot of changes coming very quickly!

Last edited by Madderz; 5th March 2020 at 23:25..
Madderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2020, 23:34   #7
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

I have Rover products and a brand new jaguar from the 2019, 69 plate days XJ i like it, but not like i love the Rover 75.

I must admit my Jaguar has had no problems and swifts along nicely.. The car is faultless, and still has some soul.

having said that, the Rover 75 has soul and History of Longbridge and the older it gets the more i love it, spent last Sunday on it washing and waxing each panel and oiling the door hinges etc etc, then attending to the wheels etc.

those classic lines as the winter sun, was starting to set, i looked back thought
I OWN A ROVER!
fantastic!

I just do not get the same with my Jaguar, im not sure why, is it because Rover is dead. I too believe Jaguar should make a new Rover 75 and sell it for the £22000 price range brand new, they would get lots of takers considering Jaguar own Rover cars brand!! who else thinks Jaguar should do this?
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2020, 00:10   #8
first-things-first
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Jaguar missed a big win by not buying MG. A perfect fit in my opinion.

Small, lightweight sports cars to medium saloons for the MG's. 2 litre turbos all the way. Does not overlap much on Jaguar and no William Lyons to put a stop to it!

China would be lapping them up now their over priced Jags and Land Rovers don't sell so will. Also emissions will be lower across the range. Win, win and win!

I am afraid that Rover in it's proper position as maker of quality cars would overlap to much with Jaguar.
first-things-first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2020, 00:26   #9
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
After working within a Jaguar Main Dealer I always aspired to owning one some day.
I eventually purchased a lovely low mileage 3.0d XF but after Main Dealer problems and door corrosion I was left disenchanted.

Jaguar eventually replaced all four doors after a lengthy fight but sadly the car was written off just weeks later.

I vowed never to purchase a JLR product again and now run two Mercedes both of which out class Jaguar.
In my Mayoral year last year, I had full use of a chauffeured Mercedes, and it was one of the most uncomfortable cars I have ever ridden in - give me my Rovers, or Jaguars any day.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2020, 19:04   #10
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

I've been fortunate enough to have a tour around the factory. It is quite impressive but they have a huge problem with it. Because it's a 50 year old ford factory the production line layout isn't suited to large scale modern assembly. It is so far behind the modern plants. Without flattening the place and starting again it would be impossible to rectify. It would also be very difficult to add the extra infrastructure for ev cars simply due to the lack of space and scope for line expansion. While we were there they were only operating 5 days a week, and it was only last year.
Yes it's terrible news for the employees, but I think that plants days are numbered. It's unfortunately out of date now so in 5-10 years it won't have a chance of meeting the demands of the car industry.

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote