Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd March 2020, 22:25   #21
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Mine is due tomorrow and I dropped it off before Boris's speech tonight, so will be getting it back home tomorrow hopefully with a pass

I know we should all adhere to government advice and I will be when I get my car back and am lucky enough to be able to work from home but as I understand it enforcement cannot be carried through until it passes through parliament so a few more days yet before total lockdown
Hi Rob.
Good luck for the MOT tomorrow, I cant see it not going through with all you have done over the last week etc, booked mine in for Monday 31st so unless the MOT stations are going to stay open the tourer will be off the road.

I have just read this though ?
https://www.whatcar.com/advice/ownin...utbreak/n21180

so lots of conflicting advice out there at the moment, from reading between the lines, it seems if the stations are open you can take your car as long as it been booked in, or some garages will collect and deliver back your car.

I think this situation will be open to abuse, as some garages will I suspect want to make a living and what better way than through MOTS as no other work will be coming in while the lock down is on. ? hopefully I am wrong.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...s-and-trailers

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 00:00   #22
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

we havnt gone to full lockdown yet, only had 1 death over here in Australia thus far, elderly person.
Lines of people at unemployment offices to register for dole money as a lot of businesses closed.
Seems this virus does not like higher tempretures , luckily over here in the west we still have 34 -37c days which seems to slow it down quite a bit.
Only 140 infected so far.
So think thats why you guys and parts of europe which are still cold are coping it.
hang in there, it will pass !!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 06:58   #23
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

The DVLA or DVSA or whatever its called are looking into this problem as we speak.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 06:59   #24
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Michael Gove interviewed on the news this morning states that garages are still open including MOT's, no closure announced but realize the social distancing.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 17:48   #25
Francophile
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

My local operator - Station Garage, Hassocks - is working. Took the Connie in this afternoon for service and MoT pre-booked for tomorrow. The receptionist told me the technicians will wipe down everywhere they need to touch before starting, and the same again when they finish. I observed that there was a box of gloves on the counter for use when paying. I'm comfortable, and hopeful.

Stay safe,

Derek.
Francophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 18:43   #26
postbasher
Avid contributor

Rover Connoisseur cdt se auto

So...have booked my mot for 31st march with Exeter rd garage....the arrangement is i leave the key in the ignition having wiped the interior down...garage will do same before handing it back.I will have to hang about for an hour {no more than that i hope}...the garage wished it to be known that they will also be keeping the 'parts' dept open....and will still be sending them out by courier next day....
postbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 20:28   #27
Gren 24
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE CDTI

My MOT was book in for this Thursday, had a phone call today to say that they cannot do it, They are not doing anymore MOT and do not know when they will start Doing MOT again, but not for quit a few weeks at lest.
Old 24th March 2020, 21:24   #28
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I received a call from my MB independent today saying my car will be uplifted, serviced and MOT’d on Friday as arranged.
But they have said they are closing the same day so I’ve been very fortunate.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 21:32   #29
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gren 24 View Post
My MOT was book in for this Thursday, had a phone call today to say that they cannot do it, They are not doing anymore MOT and do not know when they will start Doing MOT again, but not for quit a few weeks at lest.
Les looks like you need to find the next nearest one then as I know you need your car

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2020, 07:12   #30
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I’m an mot tester as are a few on here and my last day at work was Saturday. It worries me about the customer wiping their car down when they leave it, how does the tester know it’s been done and correctly? I’m not saying customers won’t but some cars aren’t the cleanest. Only last week I removed a rear seat to find some kebab meat.... Last week l started wearing gloves in customers cars and that was about the total protection of trying to keep safe, I feel that we saw this coming but still didn’t expect it so quickly. 3 months amnesty on mot’s is the way to go, remember it’s minimum road worthiness so an extra three months on the road with less traffic shouldn’t cause too many issues. Stay safe people.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote