Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th April 2020, 20:08   #11251
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Got on and did the other side today, quite happy with the results and surprisingly it all went very smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After pressure washing off the crud in the back arches of the ZT today, I'm going to be doing something similar myself in the very near future.........yours is looking fab Dave

Out of interest, did you source a new cable duct for the other side, or was it a good second hand one?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2020, 20:18   #11252
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
After pressure washing off the crud in the back arches of the ZT today, I'm going to be doing something similar myself in the very near future.........yours is looking fab Dave

Out of interest, did you source a new cable duct for the other side, or was it a good second hand one?

Brian
Thanks Brian.

The cable duct I had to make good, a wire wheel brush on a drill and a flap wheel, and about 45 minutes, it came good and luckily it was just surface rust, I dont know why but I didnt take a pic of it cleaned up
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2020, 20:39   #11253
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Washed and polished all three this afternoon, managed to clay the boot and roof of the gold one, just ordered some more wax and sealer, bl00dy tiring all this cleaning malarkey!!
Old 26th April 2020, 23:32   #11254
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
Showing out of stock at Rimmers but will keep an eye on whether they come back in stock.

Seeing as it covers fuel lines I would be a bit reluctant to go on the nuts with a blow lamp, but replacing them with riv nuts is not a bad idea - wasn't sure what's the other side of the panel. I'd just have to remove the damper to access.

I didn't get mine from Rimmers - it came from XPart. # WJK100176

Cut the studs off flat with a Dremel, then drill out what's left and stick the riv nuts in the holes.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2020, 07:48   #11255
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

I need to do a front end strip down on the diesel Tourer this week, so today I'll look in here to remind myself about the intercooler and other gubbins. The inlet manifold is missing a couple of bolts but I think I have some replacements that I magpie'd during a scrapyard raid. It will also be a good time to bin the various slotted fixings used around the bumper and undertray. Lates and Pete had a devil of a time with them last year and I've got some serviceable fixings that will be better.

With that done I can solder in a new connector block for the front pad wear indicator and start taking a look at the wiring around it as it's a bit hotch-potch.

With the bumper off I can sort out the accident damage it had when parked up at the NEC show last year. Some kind soul shoved in the o/s of the front bumper which has cracked the washer bottle so that will need cleaning and gluing up. While I'm at it may as well take the bonnet locks off and clean them out and polish the headlamps up.

Might also be a good time to investigate if it has been modded somehow to try and bump the power up. I don't think it really works beyond over-fuelling.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2020, 07:53   #11256
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post

Cut the studs off flat with a Dremel, then drill out what's left and stick the riv nuts in the holes.
I will check with my local MG dealer when all this mess is over, or I'll see if anyone on here has a decent one.

I have a tool for rivnuts, just not at home like a lot of things that I could do with.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2020, 08:48   #11257
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post

Hang on a minute...they're available???!!! I asked awhile back and they were NLA!!!! Now I see Rimmers says more stock arriving and people have actually managed to buy one! Mine is SOOOOO rusty! I need this part in my life, or rather, my car's life!!!! So glad you can get them again.

Now where can I find one in stock lol!

Off now to polish some nuts hahahaha
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2020, 08:59   #11258
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
A very productive day was had by me, picked up the 18mm socket from Halfords then home and try to get the suspension bolt undone, a bit of heat and I got it undone, removed the shocker and then saw what a state it was in there.
I wire brushed the studs then ran a die down them, a bit of heat and all the nuts came off without a fight.
Pictures speak a thousand words.

I’ll finish this side off tomorrow, left side still to do as well but I’ve already loosened that lower bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
I was underneath mine the other day waxing under the wheel arches and that cover plate was a bit rusted on mine but I looked at the threads on the studs and decided to not even attempt to remove the nuts. I can't get to my tap and die set at the moment so when I can I might have another look. I did manage to get behind it with a cable tie and work my way behind to clear some of the muck out behind it.

I didn't think I would have access to cut them off, being flanged nuts, plus I still have the damper in place.
I have the same studs on the FL2 they get rusty too holding the wheel arch liner, and the thread becomes rubbish so I used rubber tap washers on the studs instead, they worked a treat and if I ever have to remove the wheel arch liner any time its just a case of prying off the washer.

They have never budge and I jet wash under there regular.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2020, 10:27   #11259
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

You would be better off trying to ‘weld’ the washer bottle Pete rather than trying to glue it, the plastic it’s made from doesn’t like 99% of adhesives on the market.

Old 27th April 2020, 10:54   #11260
alphaeagle
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi, MG ZT CDTi

So today I enabled DRL at 30% on my 75.

Also changed the unlocking from drivers door to all doors on the first press.

changed the badge on the boot as it had lost all its colour…..

Tried to see if I could change the bonnet latch from the under the bonnet to poking thru the grill...(I like that way better)…

looks like I would have to remove the bumper and Radiator fan.

The piece is just a simple switch over part otherwise.

Rover 75 CDTi Copperleaf

Today is just yesterdays tomorrow.....
alphaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote