Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st May 2022, 21:51   #13641
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Arctic,

I'm not bad with spanners, and thankfully still fit enough to tackle bits and bobs. I have a fairly comprehensive toolkit too, and am helped by the fact that nextdoor's driveway is 2 ft lower than mine, so it's almost like having a ramp - saves a lot of the back-breaking bending.

Thanks for your concern

Kevin

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Lagetha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2022, 22:12   #13642
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrattonEnder View Post
Got a feeling Halfords have bought out National. I seem to remember I had an email from Halfords the other week outlining that the deal has been done and that the National centres were converting to Halfords Autocentres.
FrattonEnder,

Well Kwik-Fit and other fitting services are likely to get my business in future since a £30 price hike for a relatively simple procedure seems a bit steep!

Regards, [email protected]

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Lagetha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:25   #13643
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Not a lot ....

Had plans this weekend to change the Micras CVT Fluid , put my CDTi undertray back on and repaint one of the 260 wheels.
But ...

Got roped into clearing the garden , repairing my sons barbeque,

and replacing wood on our decking..

Been cussing the bloke who built it rather too well .. 30 years ago ..

........ me .

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2022, 12:47   #13644
JefferiesFarnol
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

I had noticed some oil leaking from the camshaft cover recently, so I bought a new gasket from DMGRS with the intention of replacing it this weekend. When I took the spark plug cover off, I realised that the leak was actually coming from the camshaft position sensor. The sensor works fine, but I can't find the O-rings on their own so I decided to put everything back and order what I needed for next weekend.

That was when near-disaster struck. I've got a new low-range torque wrench and since the sensor bolt has a torque value, I thought I might as well use it, but the clicks are so faint on the low settings and my brain was clearly in neutral, so much so that I sheared the bolt off! I have an old screw extractor set which I went to use and realised that fortunately the remaining bit of the bolt was loose enough that I could just undo it with pliers.

I've been able to put a spare stainless bolt in its place and since I now need a new bolt and O-ring I might just buy a whole new sensor now, but I feel God was really smiling on me today with that near-miss!

P.s. I'm still going to put the new camshaft cover gasket on since I have it, but I'll do it all in one go next weekend.
JefferiesFarnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2022, 13:32   #13645
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

Default Sold my Poseidon ZT-T 180SE Sports Auto (Well, yesterday, actually)

Finally let go of my ZT-T yesterday. Strangely feeling a little down today. Here's wishing the best of luck to the new owner of my old press car....
Old 22nd May 2022, 14:13   #13646
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

Not today...but yesterday - my son and myself visted Lates for a replacement steering pump in the ZT.

Feels like new again and no screeching/whirring noises.

..Also came out with a list of jobs to be done on the next visit in July - A/C Condensor, top engine mount failed, thermostat or related pipes, cam belts.

And this morning my son bought a V8 , so another trip to Lates on the cards for a once over.

1978 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.9GL Mk1, 1985 Opel Manta Berlinetta Coupe, 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier GSi 2000, 1999 Vauxhall Vectra SRi140 Estate, 2002 MG ZT 2.5 160+, 2005 Ford Focus 1.6 Diesel, 2012 MG6 TSE Magnette, 2002 MG ZT 2.5 160+, 2008 Mini Cooper 1.6, 2003 MG TF 135 and back to the ZT 2.5 160+
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2022, 16:28   #13647
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Pulled the front bumper and slam panel on Farage to have a look at the intercooler hose elbow as I've been getting poor mpg and black smoke when booting it. The top o ring was clearly visible - after some discussion with @Popcorn (thanks!) I pushed it fully home. The o rings were in good shape and the hose is silicone - presume somebody has previously done the mod from above and not been able to seat the elbow correctly.

With the bumper off I took the opportunity to polish the yellow lights with a kit I bought on Amazon - not quite as good as a previous kit I used (it was cheaper) but I eventually got them looking like new.

Refitting the bumper was a bit of a nightmare but got there in the end!

If it doesn't solve the mpg and smoke issue I'll fill the fuel filter with injector cleaner - I've already replaced the MAF with a genuine Bosch...
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2022, 19:57   #13648
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Smile More than I first expected !

Decide it was time to prepare one of my cars for return to the road after a couple of years SORN and , to start , decided to clean out and regrease the bonnet locks. So off with bumper and then discovered unacceptable rust of Slam Panel – so much of last two days been treating this :-
• Removed most of old paint – rotary wire brush and Dremel items
• Rust converter – Rustbusters Fe-123 which use as a standard
• Rustbusters Epoxy Mastic for an impermeable hard layer
• Hammerite black to finish

With bumper/Slam panel off I also took opportunity to clean most of what I could see below/around engine too.

Then there are all the bolts / Self tapping of various sizes ! I am fed up with some rusting so have measured/listed all for Slam Panel and Bumper . Then ordered a full replacement set plus washers all in Stainless Steel.

As for the Bonnet Locks , I took both apart , removed lots of crud and crusty stuff inside and out , then thickly greased and reassembled.

In next few days I will refit everything.

One of my other cars started pooling water up front near start of the bumper driver side. Off with bumper to confirm it is the window water bottle – rubber grommet at bottom of the sensor. Window sealant stopped this for a few days but some weeping has reappeared. Have to live with it for the moment ! If anyone else has encountered this and has a solution I’d be interested.

Later.
This is a splendid club! Found a thread where Rich17865 points to a leak arising from the water pump filter/grommet . Refers to a BMW part number 61667006063 - which is this item . He bought one and now , so have I !
Thread by Rich is https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=187849 . Hope this may be of use.

Last edited by Rickshaw; 23rd May 2022 at 10:09.. Reason: Found extra useful info for club members
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2022, 19:57   #13649
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Slightly late as refitted the instrument cluster yesterday. Had been away to Rick for upgraded IPK with colour changed to match odometer and dials + clock changed to backlit black. Delighted with the result, much happier with the look of it now.
Also a couple of exhaust pics from when it was fitted a couple months ago lol

Before

After

Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2022, 11:09   #13650
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Spent another £100 on a replacement O2 sensor for the CR-V, as it doesn't like the Lucas one that Eurofit fitted. No fault of Eurofit, as they're the reason my car now has 12 months ticket.

Also had to by 5 smaller 16" alloys, as the 18" the previous owner fitted keep fouling the bodywork.

Total repair costs since I got the car now stand at £1405

Last edited by Bogbrush82; 24th May 2022 at 11:13..
Bogbrush82 is offline   Reply With Quote