Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th June 2022, 14:53   #1
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Default Fully loaded 75 in Firefrost (I think)

Nowt to do with me....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265723049...707a%7Ciid%3A3

Low mileage for a diesel. Looks nice.
Old 10th June 2022, 16:51   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

cant get the mot history up with registration number

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2022, 16:59   #3
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

macafee2
Does state that the reg number is not included in the sale, presume it has been given an age appropriate number by the DVLA.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2022, 07:06   #4
tantallon
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 SALOON

Cat C No Thanks .
tantallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2022, 08:28   #5
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantallon View Post
Cat C No Thanks .
A car could be a Cat C simply because something as simple as a dent in a wing, or a bumper being required on an older vehicle.

Many years ago I had a Sierra with a simple rear wing dent just above the wheel arch caused by another driver.

Due to its age the assessor advised that it would be classed as a Cat C write off, but, due to its otherwise excellent condition I could buy it back at scrap value.

So I got the full market, at the time, payout of around £3,000, less around £200 and it was mine again.

A pleasant Saturday afternoon had it pulled out, filled, (very little ) and painted, straight colour, no faffing with metallics.

I ran it for another 8+ years, without any problems and by then it was getting very tired, so sold the engine, they were sought after for kit cars etc, sold a few other bits and bobs then scrapped the remainder for a total of around £450 +.

So a Cat C can be a bargain, I had no trouble insuring it other than being told that in the event of another claim that due to it being a Cat C there would be a reduction in the payout figure.

By the way, Cat C finished in 2017, the equivalent from then being N or S, so it was presumably damaged pre 2017.
Old 11th June 2022, 08:37   #6
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Not fully loaded in my book - not automatic! Mileage not bad, and we know how far they can go, but plenty lower for sale over the past few months.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2022, 11:30   #7
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

It has had a silicon intercooler pipe fitted by the looks of it, so has it been owned by a Rover 75 member? Also he does tell lies. He answers the question, ‘is it modified’, and says ‘NO’. And then tells you it has been mapped to 160.?
Old 11th June 2022, 19:04   #8
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

This is my old car, original reg NG04UNN, actually a Contemporary SE, and it sustained what I'd say was substantial damage as a result of being struck by a driver pulling out of a junction in 2016.
I rebuilt the front end of the car (two new wings, bumper, slam panel, bonnet, n/s front and rear doors, new headlamp units, new windscreen, only other damage was to the front n/s chassis leg which had deformed at the crumple zone just rearward of where the crash bar bolts.
The only reason I disposed of the car is was that it broke down on the motorway with an odd fault which stopped the engine running, it eventually turned out to be the EGR valve had disintegrated and the head of the valve had disappeared into the inlet manifold.
The bloke I sold the car to, who is a work colleague, intended to use the car after getting it running, but found it too low to the ground and difficult to get in and out of.
He sold the car on to someone who claimed to be an enthusiast who intended to keep the car, less than three weeks later he'd re-registered it and was asking £1800 for it on facebook, but didn't mention the marker against it.
If anyone wants any info on the car - including pictures of the vehicle just after the accident, please get in touch,

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built

Last edited by stevenkeyte; 11th June 2022 at 19:07.. Reason: confirmed model
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2022, 06:20   #9
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

macafee2
Not known on tax status either.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2022, 06:25   #10
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkeyte View Post
This is my old car, original reg NG04UNN, actually a Contemporary SE, and it sustained what I'd say was substantial damage as a result of being struck by a driver pulling out of a junction in 2016.
I rebuilt the front end of the car (two new wings, bumper, slam panel, bonnet, n/s front and rear doors, new headlamp units, new windscreen, only other damage was to the front n/s chassis leg which had deformed at the crumple zone just rearward of where the crash bar bolts.
The only reason I disposed of the car is was that it broke down on the motorway with an odd fault which stopped the engine running, it eventually turned out to be the EGR valve had disintegrated and the head of the valve had disappeared into the inlet manifold.
The bloke I sold the car to, who is a work colleague, intended to use the car after getting it running, but found it too low to the ground and difficult to get in and out of.
He sold the car on to someone who claimed to be an enthusiast who intended to keep the car, less than three weeks later he'd re-registered it and was asking £1800 for it on facebook, but didn't mention the marker against it.
If anyone wants any info on the car - including pictures of the vehicle just after the accident, please get in touch,

Steve
Strange that it is not registered with the plate on it. I would certainly give this a miss, regardless of it being advertised as being re-registered before sale. I have an aversion to such discrepancies.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote