Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th June 2022, 14:38   #1
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts
Default Licences

In April my licence was due for automatic age renewal (70+) and, following several letters from NHS consultants regarding my satisfactory ‘condition’, I have not heard anything from DVLA despite several enquiries about the current position.

DVLA apparently does not have a relevant email address other than pre-conceived and irrelevant click boxes and we are still told there is a 10 week delay period included.

We are now in a 12 week no-man’s-land since last correspondence. Any ideas on how to light a metaphorical fire?

Last edited by wraymond; 13th June 2022 at 14:42..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2022, 14:50   #2
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

From what I've read there's a huge delay in renewing licences if they have to be checked for medical reasons. https://heycar.co.uk/guides/dvla-medical-licence-guide

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2022, 17:11   #3
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Perhaps if those STILL working from home in any number of fields were encouraged to return to the office it may ease backlogs.I know it would improve customer service.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2022, 17:35   #4
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

I think you are right Mick. If only all of those supposedly 'working from home' actually were then we might be seeing a better return.
Many of them still receive full pay and even travel expenses. In the real world they would be told to turn up or else lose it. In the meantime, I have a redundant Rover. It's embarrassing and expensive. Taxi to Aldi anyone? And back? Only a tenner each way. Still, it's almost cheaper than petrol.
Old 15th June 2022, 11:00   #5
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
In April my licence was due for automatic age renewal (70+) and, following several letters from NHS consultants regarding my satisfactory ‘condition’, I have not heard anything from DVLA despite several enquiries about the current position.

DVLA apparently does not have a relevant email address other than pre-conceived and irrelevant click boxes and we are still told there is a 10 week delay period included.

We are now in a 12 week no-man’s-land since last correspondence. Any ideas on how to light a metaphorical fire?
Simply phone up and speak to somebody. Took me ten minutes wait ( I hate that canned music, ) but I got to speak to a human being and took just a minute or two to SORN my wifes car.

Two days ago.

Last edited by COLVERT; 15th June 2022 at 11:02..
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2022, 16:28   #6
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Yes I second Colverts advice,I did that and after holding for a few minutes got a very helpful man? who gave me the required advice. Chris.S
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 07:29   #7
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

After a long wait from April I finally got it back on Saturday. No replies to any emails I sent. Repeated phone calls, afte 6 weeks I finally got to speak to someone - mostly they were "busy" so I got cut off; on odd occasions I did get into a queue, with waiting times of over 30 minutes. When I eventuallt decided to hang on, a very long wait, I got to speak to a human! But she couldn't find my application (paper). Whilst waiting on the phone, I filled it in online (it had previously thrown me off so I did it on paper). After I told her that, she found the online one, which led to the original one, which had been sent to the medical team. She transferred me, another long wait (nearly as long as the 1st one). In total I was on the phone for well over 90 minutes. They couldn't say how long it would take to deal with, try getting a cover letter from the GP. But he wouldn't; only would do one for DVLA. 2-1/2 weeks later, I got through again (another long wait, only to be transferred to the medicals again with another long wait. Eventually an answer. This was Wer; she said ahve you received the lett? No, none received. Apparently I had missed ticking a box. So she said she was swnding another. And btw, my main concern about diabetic insulin was cleared as I'm now on tablets; they were only concerned about my eye op from years ago, which eye? So next renewal should be easier!. Anyway, midday Sat the post arrives; brown envelope from Swansea with my new licence! Still haven't received the letter with the box to tick though....
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 09:20   #8
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanks to all responders!
Stewart, that's pretty much a straight match of my own experiences with that department. I've sent copies of reports from hospital consultants together with positive results from monitoring recorder departments - all clear and positive diagnoses. Even my doctor has been involved. The service is the pits, but then it really isn't a 'service' at all in my estimation. A circus more like. Trouble is, if you complain there's even less chance of a positive outcome.