Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th September 2020, 12:52   #21
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Diesels View Post
I never knew you did this, Barry would be so proud

Yeah, I think so too Colin, a good way to remember a proper Gent.
Old 29th September 2020, 13:48   #22
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Barry was one of the best,a true Gentleman and a lovely person,I met Barry several times at the East Anglia meets,a great person to spend time with.

Well done to all involved and may the award continue, for many years to come,

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2020, 18:11   #23
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

A very well deserved winner,well done Roy,take care Mate,Regards & Best Wishes to your Family,hope to be able to catch up with you in the not too distant.

Best Regards.....John & Jan [Bluejon & Silvervixen]
Old 29th September 2020, 18:22   #24
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Barry was one of the best,a true Gentleman and a lovely person,I met Barry several times at the East Anglia meets,a great person to spend time with.

Well done to all involved and may the award continue, for many years to come,
Well said Sir,Barry was indeed a true Gentleman, Jan & I had the great pleasure of meeting Barry & his late Wife on several occasions,a great loss to our Club,but very much remembered.

Regards.....John & Jan[Bluejon & Silvervixen]
Old 3rd July 2022, 15:34   #25
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Just an update on this as I have been rather lazy and forgetful (Probably my age!)

The winner for 2021 was Dawn with her lovely trophy blue ZT

And the 2022 winner was announced at the East Kirkby meet, it is Nobby with his Rover 75 Tourer.

I shall post an updated picture of Barry's trophy when the 2022 engraving is done.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 5th August 2022, 18:59   #26
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

And Barry's trophy is back from the engravers, I will get it in next week's post to Nobby, the winner for 2022.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 21st August 2022, 09:59   #27
Fenland

NONE AT THE MOMENT

Default Well Done and Congratulations To All the Winnders

Hello,

This is my first time posting here, and as you will see my Username is Fenland, but my real name is David-John Pitts. I’m Barry Pitts’ (BeeJay) Son.

It’s been 5 years since he died, and just a month shy of 5 years since his funeral in Bury St.Edmunds, and the wake at Brandon.

I remember being told by this group that you had created a trophy in his memory, which at the time, deeply touched me and my family. (I can imagine how high a standard he must have been setting for such an award to be created.) To finally meet the people behind the names and see the cars particular the YELLOW Rover 75, that I heard much about from my dad, along with my family back then.

And now to see that this crew, the north Lincs and Yorkshire crew, have continued 5 years afterward to award the trophy to members for the best standard 75 or ZT(T), still does continue to be deeply moving and comforting; to know that he was held in such high regard by people and that he is remembered.

I have, over the years since then, at this time of the year, come back to reading (in the group’s archives), the tribute you members gave at that time to help remind me that my dad, was someone who people thought well of, and enjoyed being around with.

(As his son, my view of him (as much as I loved him, he me (I think?!)), were eschewed by the fact he was my father. and that we grew up with each other. Sons often have a very different view of one’s parents, so to hear such things said about him, made me (and still does) wonder who was this man that you spoke of. *Chuckles in hindsight*

Living at the other end of the country, I often worried that he didn’t have much of a social life, especially since we lost Mum. (It was she often would drag us both out from being inside to do things outside, on trips to places.) However, when I did speak with him and heard of such meets coming up (or had happened), I knew thoroughly enjoyed when himself could meet up with fellow Rover enthusiasts. Of course, as his son when I asked him about afterwards about it, I only ever got the condensed tale of such meets. Such was his way.

This forum and this group provided such a welcoming outlet for him, in keeping him going and active, even when his health sadly began to decline. I know he was frustrated more than anything that he couldn’t go to the meets in the last year, but being able to converse online, still kept him going.)

So, I want to say Thank You each and every one of you here, for helping keep him going, his memory alive. As the saying goes No one is ever truly gone, not as long as others still remember them. And through whilst I am sure he would be embarrassed; at the same time, he would be deeply moved by your continued efforts in awarding something to other for their hard work and dedication. That he was such a person with you, as you knew him, is something I can never ever thank you enough for.

To those who have been awarded the trophy over the last few years, very very well done. I know that Dad would have been very impressed and pleased that you won the award. The work that has been put into the cars, to mean that you have been the winner for this year obviously shows. The attention that you have all shown to keep such a cars on the road is something I know dad very much appreciated. And also the help everyone here provides help, and advice to each other to help maintain such great cars. And I hope that there will be many others who are similarly awarded in the years to come.

long may this network long continue.

David-John Pitts / Fenland

Last edited by Fenland; 21st August 2022 at 10:13..
Fenland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2022, 10:13   #28
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Hi David, a nice heartfelt post is always a joy to read
Had many a conversation with your dad, he had a great sense of humour and nothing, absolutely nothing was out of bounds when it came to that humour, we would laugh at ourselves at each other and friends alike. (How current trends are destroying that.)
I think that we would all like to be remembered as your dad was, a realist. A man who had principles and enjoyed life no matter what it would throw at him. No doubt with that statement he would have a quip to come back with about throwing with his good arm, such was his character.
Best regards
Dave...

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote