Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th July 2022, 12:12   #11
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Hi Julio,

Wouldn't it be easier to refit your original module with the switch panel transferred from the donor? Then you don't have to reprogram anything.

Simon
Old 27th July 2022, 17:17   #12
Shuknami
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Thanks for the clarification Julio.

Your original factory-fitted Light Switch Module (LSM) is programmed specifically to your car's VIN. Have you re-programmed the replacement using T4 or Toaf? Does the odometer in the instrument pack still display the car's correct mileage?

RAVE states that, when fitting front fog lamps, all that is necessary is to fit a switch panel containing both front and rear foglamp switches to the car's existing LSM. If you do this, your problems should be solved.

Simon
Hello again.
First of all, thank you for your invaluable help. I followed the manual published by TCut for the installation of the Rover fog lights for the 75. The Km on my panel were fine, but the bulb failed and the green indicator on the panel did not turn on, although the headlights fog, yes.
When disassembling the engine fuse box, I discovered that in the determined plug it did not have, of origin, a cable in the number 6 of the connector. I disassembled the bridge that had been made in the workshop and inserted the cable, provisionally because I don't have the metal terminal at the end of the cable, in the six-way connector. I reinstalled the original LSM but with the front two-button fog lights from the other Rover. Now, it no longer gives a burnt-out bulb error, but the green indicator for the front fog lights on the dashboard still doesn't come on. I suppose that as soon as I have the cable, I will have through the TOAF, go in and 'tell' my rover to activate the fog lights so that the warning light in the box works. I'll also look for the metal terminal for the wire in the fuse box plug.
Shuknami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2022, 17:29   #13
Shuknami
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Hi Julio,

Wouldn't it be easier to refit your original module with the switch panel transferred from the donor? Then you don't have to reprogram anything.

Simon
I did it like that. It no longer gives me a burnt-out bulb error but the green indicator for the front fog lights on the dashboard still doesn't come on. I guess I'll have to reprogram with the TOAF...
Old 28th July 2022, 22:40   #14
Shuknami
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:

Your original factory-fitted Light Switch Module (LSM) is programmed specifically to your car's VIN. Have you re-programmed the replacement using T4 or Toaf? Does the odometer in the instrument pack still display the car's correct mileage?

RAVE states that, when fitting front fog lamps, all that is necessary is to fit a switch panel containing both front and rear foglamp switches to the car's existing LSM. If you do this, your problems should be solved.

Simon
Hello again.
I changed the LSM, keeping the original of my car with the front of the other
Rover, having the
two buttons for the fog lights. I connected the original cable without the bridge, the botched job done by the workshop. All good. At first it cleared the fault of the light burned out, but
the green indicator on the front fog lights panel still does not come on. But when I turned on the car lights, the light out fault reappeared. I'll have to wait to have the cable and be able to connect the TOAF...
Old 29th July 2022, 08:29   #15
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Hello Julio,

You must have the car's side lights or headlamps switched on for the front fog lamps to work and for the warning lamp to show in the instrument pack.

According to Rover you should not need T4 (or Toaf).

Simon
Old 29th July 2022, 20:08   #16
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

The t4 activation is for mk1.5 and mk2 25s, 45s, zrs and zss that use the pektron bcu setup.

Thankfully MG Rover never changed this on the 75s or zt's as its a problematic setup.

So no, you don't ever need a t4 to activate a set of fog lights of a rover 75 or MG zt of any age or model.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2022, 08:34   #17
Shuknami
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:

Simon
Hello again.
I changed the LSM, keeping the original of my car with the front of the other
Rover, having the
two buttons for the fog lights. I connected the original cable without the bridge, the botched job done by the workshop. All good. At first it cleared the fault of the light burned out, but
the green indicator on the front fog lights panel still does not come on. But when I turned on the car lights, the light out fault reappeared. I'll have to wait to have the cable and be able to connect the TOAF...
Old 31st July 2022, 13:26   #18
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

A bit late maybe:
If you require fitting details for the MGR fogs installation kit, here's a copy of the guide that came with the Mk1 kit. Note the page numbers, I just photocopied the sheets.

The facelift has exactly the same procedure apart from the bezels/inserts (image 37), which aren't needed.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote