Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th November 2016, 14:31   #1
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Default Two ways to wire in android satnav?

Bought a satnav off ebay, wish i could have gone with Sean but money is a bit tight.
Anyways it arrived with an adapter and it seems that it has two ways to wire in, one via the adapter and one with seperate plugs for each thing.
I hadnt banked on that and now Im a bit perplexed.

The wires are in Jinglish and Japanese, luckily I lived in Japan for a good long time and understand a fair bit.
Id like to keep the HK speakers, now it appears I can use the adapter and will lose the sub, but if I use the individual wires and run them through to each speaker without the amp I can keep the SUB and not need the amp? If I were to go with the individual speaker wires, would I need to leave off some wires that presumably go to the AMP?

Theres also that one black wire with no label on it and a small black end like a sensor, any idea what that might be?

TIA
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 16:50   #2
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Heres a diagram of the wires, would not the 60 pin connectors be an easier way to connect all speakers and sub, without the need for the amp presumably?

Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 05:40   #3
jubbarelly
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

Personally I would send it back.

1. The aerial lead on our cars wont fit that unit.
2. The adaptor that has come with it to fit the back will stick out and make the stereo stick out in the dash as it will foul on the rear of the dash at the back
3. You may need an extender to reach the 17 pin loom behind the ash tray unit so that the stereo loom will reach (if it gives enough slack when fitted)

Looks like an Erisen brand which has been designed for only the BMW E46.

Thanks
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote