Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th December 2016, 22:11   #1
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Default Halfords Paint any good?

As you've probably seen from the past several months the past owners of the car wern't too kind to ours but now that its more or less mechanically sound I want to do something about the bumper. I've gotten new chrome trim as one side is badly damaged, but I also want to respray it. Have plenty of experience with spray painting old engines and steam pumps etc so that doesnt concern me

My query is how good the Halfords custom mixed paint is? They have the paint code on file and say they can do it, does anyone have experience of the paint mixed by Halfords and can give me an opinion?

TIA
Tom
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016, 22:37   #2
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

It depends on who does it and how busy the branch you are visiting is in my view.

I suggest you ask somebody who has some seniority and go in the middle of the week not at lunchtime or after work.

I had some done for a customers Suzuki wing mirror and the match was spot on. A couple coats of lacquer and you would be pushed to tell which one I did.

I am not sure rattle cans are that good on larger areas. It is well worth shopping around your local spray shops. I had a rear bumper done for my ZTT, I removed it and they only charged me £120.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016, 22:43   #3
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

I have used custom mixed paints from Halfords and they were a reasonably decent match, but nothing beats a spraygun in skilled hands.

I have used a small bodyshop near Camberley, so not far from you. Excellent work and well priced. I can send you contact details if that would help. No connection apart from me being a satisfied customer!

Mike
MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016, 23:03   #4
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Oh please do ! May have to go with the cheapo can for now as the car has emptied our pockets every month since owning it! -and now the fans seemingly died ^^;;..
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote