Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th June 2017, 07:23   #1
simondhopkins
Loves to post

Vauxhall Vectra C

Default xenon light retrofit and alloy perks.

Hi, if this has been asked before I apologise.

I have just been offered some xenon lights for my 75, from a local whos breaking a tourer and don't need them for his zt-t, don't think he's a member on here yet so will get him signed up, but as I understand it, they need to have the self leveling system installed aswell.

I have looked into how these work, with a sensor on offside front and rear (hopefully he's got these too), and wondering as my one don't have that function on, how easy is it to retrofit?

I'm already picking up the front fogs and switchpack tomorrow (tuesday 19th) that are in great condition, and will enable it with toaf, but unless there wiring is there for the sensors, maybe terminated further up in the engine bay, is it feasible to do?

And finaly, its got some lovely 17" alloys, but how do they affect the ride compared to the 15" ones I have on mine, I like a spirited drive, but also like comfort too, would 16" ones be a better compromise?
simondhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 07:41   #2
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

Hi Simon, sorry I can't help with the levelling lamps (sure someone will be along shortly) but I changed my 17" serpents for 16" unions as I needed the extra comfort and it was noticeable.

Going from 15" to 17" will definately be a different comfort level but it will feel more planted.

Good luck with your upgrades.
Old 19th June 2017, 09:04   #3
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

If your getting the fogs get the wiring loom and relay from the underbonet fuse holder (its black about 1cm square) too . It's all plug and play no setting up needed if you only change the switch front on the lcm, it's easy to do so you so, don't need to risk Toaf swapping the lcm data over

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 09:28   #4
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

I don't think you need the levelling, just if its there it needs to work
I've had two mot's done after retrofitting Xenons and they said nothing about the manual levelling Xenons
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 11:05   #5
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

If the front fog lights are from a zt they are a different shape and more than likely wont fit.
You can retro fit xenons as a stand alone lamp without the washers etc.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 12:14   #6
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesis View Post
I don't think you need the levelling, just if its there it needs to work
I've had two mot's done after retrofitting Xenons and they said nothing about the manual levelling Xenons
without the auto levelling you do need the internal manual level control (to 'go by the book' as it were). Normally this isn't present on an LSM from a car with Xenons (because it has the autolevel sensors). So, because you need a fog light switch and manual level control you'll need an LSM from a non Xenon with fogs car. If using a complete LSM it may need to be coded to the car.

Not 100% sure if it is possible, but you may be able to swap the front with switches and controls from one LSM to your existing LSM. MarinaBrian or Phil-T4 would know for sure.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 12:15   #7
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
If the front fog lights are from a zt they are a different shape and more than likely wont fit.
You can retro fit xenons as a stand alone lamp without the washers etc.
the 75 and zt fogs are usually different shapes.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
Old 19th June 2017, 13:04   #8
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Not 100% sure if it is possible, but you may be able to swap the front with switches and controls from one LSM to your existing LSM.
Correct. A lamp and fogs swap only requires the appropriate front switch/bezel unit. The existing LSM electronics shouldn't be removed.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 14:54   #9
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Correct. A lamp and fogs swap only requires the appropriate front switch/bezel unit. The existing LSM electronics shouldn't be removed.

TC
That does make it much easier when changing the lighting config. Glad I remembered correctly

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 19th June 2017, 21:09   #10
simondhopkins
Loves to post

Vauxhall Vectra C

Thanks for the replies, forgot to say its a 75 mk1 tourer he's breaking, as he's using bits to sort his zt-t on it.

I would be able to code the lsm anyway so thats not a problem, but thanks for the info on the loom and relay.
simondhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote