Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th August 2017, 11:49   #1
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Default Passenger side water leak near heater matrix

She's testing me again
After the heavy rain I noticed the passenger side carpet was wet, thankfully mostly on the surface and not sodden through and I've managed to trace it to the heater matrix area, almost like a river of wet carpet leading upto it
I removed the heater matrix panel cover on the passenger side and it is indeed wet I'm there

Due to the lack of pink staining on the carpet and that it's happened during the heavy rain I think it's rainwater and not coolant

Anyone have any ideas where it's getting in there?

TiA
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 22:32   #2
Hantsdave
Loves to post

2004 CDTi SE TOURER

It could be a few things, firstly it could be the small clips that hold the windscreen scuttle panel in place, the female part that presses into the body had thin rubber seals that perish. There are several how to's in the forums but a case of removing these and adding silicone sealant, I seem to recall one member solving it with a gutter repair mastic!. Several members have had these small seals go.

It could be coming in via a poorly seated pollen filter but this would really only be an issue if the plenum drains are blocked and the plenum area is filling up with water and if thats' the case your problems will be worse than a damp carpet.

As the windscreen is bonded it is very unlikely to be that although there have been one or two cases of that on here but exceptionally rare.

I guess that in an extreme downpour there are several other places it could ingress but I would check the plenum drains first, not forgetting those hidden under the servo and ECU. I found it easier to check those from underneath and rodded them out with a springy grab tool.

As part of project drive they removed the outer offside drain and blanked it off which just means there's more water floating about and collecting, I've removed the blanking plug on mine and replaced it with a PPD tube from a breakers. A simple job but an added sense of security.
Previously owned..Austin Mini Countryman, Austin 1100 VDP, Princess 2200HL (x2), Ambassador VDP, TR7, Triumph Stag, Rover 820, Rover 216 GSi, Rover 420D, Rover 600 Si, Rover 600 GSi, Montego GSi, Rover 216 cabriolet, Jaguar XJ6 Gold, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Tourer CDTi (x3), Rover 75 CDT x 2, Rover 75 Connie V6, Rover 45. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 x 2, Jeep Chrokee KK Plus a few other foreign ones I'm too embarrassed to mention..

Last edited by Hantsdave; 10th August 2017 at 22:36..
Hantsdave is offline   Reply With Quote