Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th February 2022, 11:21   #1
Animesis
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon 2.0l Diesel Connoisseur

Default Rhd drivers side wiper arm fail

The little bar that holds the spring has worn through so the wiper arm no longer has any tension. Went to the breakers and the only one there had the same issue.

Does anyone know a source for a new RHD drivers side wiper arm? Rimmers dont have them
Ebay has none that i can find

Am i right in thinking the E46 wiper arms are compatible, and if so could someone point me in the right direction for the.

Many tia
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates
Animesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2022, 20:23   #2
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

A bit of DIY to make another bar and fit it.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2022, 22:16   #3
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesis View Post
The little bar that holds the spring has worn through so the wiper arm no longer has any tension. Went to the breakers and the only one there had the same issue.

Does anyone know a source for a new RHD drivers side wiper arm? Rimmers dont have them
Ebay has none that i can find

Am i right in thinking the E46 wiper arms are compatible, and if so could someone point me in the right direction for the.

Many tia
Rimmers are quoting as in stock. https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-DKB10...xoCoT0QAvD_BwE
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 09:36   #4
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Well Tom it's a pity you haven't come back to see the solution to your problem in Stephen's post above.

I really can't understand why folk even bother to ask a question and not come back to read the solutions kindly suggested by other forum members.

Questions are answered so quickly on the forum. It's not like folk need to wait around for help.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 18:55   #5
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Rimmers listing is for the ZR - will it fit a ZT/75

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 19:21   #6
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
Rimmers listing is for the ZR - will it fit a ZT/75
I don't think they're the same, obvious difference is the spindle mounting hole, looks to be a plain hole on the ZR but the 75 is a tapered socket with coarse splines, also, looks like they're no longer available from Rimmers, they're only listing LHD units for the 75

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2022, 14:46   #7
Animesis
Loves to post

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I had rung Rimmers already and they said they had nothing.
Following your advice I decided to sort it myself rather than replace it.
I've attached some pictures of how I did it in case anyone else finds it useful. Its quite an easy and cheap fix, using a bit of tent peg and chain link.

Unfortunately with the mass redundancies going on at work I forgot to get back sooner.

https://flic.kr/p/2n3iq3y

https://flic.kr/p/2n3iq3U

For some reason inputting the image URL with the attach image button isn't working so I've shared the image links. Its always worked before so I'm a bit lost there.
Gearbox change, clutch, subframe refurbish, handbrake mod, drumbrake repair, rear coils, plate PCB repair, sunroof drains refitted, trim leak fix, cruise control fix, cleared EGR/inlet, new strut bearings, USB sockets in rear ashtray, new front brake pipes/hoses, repaired undertray, new o/s rear upper arm, refurbished rear suspension&subframe, fixed back light leak, new exhaust, fitted HID xenons, FBH fix, new thermostat, armrest LEDs, wood dash, new hydromount, natnav, tyres, numberplates

Last edited by Animesis; 13th February 2022 at 14:49..
Old 13th February 2022, 14:51   #8
Animesis
Loves to post

I gave rimmers a ring and can confirm they dont have them in stock, for either 75 or ZT
Whether the ZR will fit I am not sure. The rover does indeed have the tapered hole splined, but thats on the spindle nut which (on the 75 and zt atleast) are removeable

Last edited by Animesis; 13th February 2022 at 14:54..