Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th February 2022, 15:50   #1
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Default DVLA renewal.

Hello, In December my short term licence expired, I sent the forms off in good time but have not heard anything back. My licence is short term because of me passing 70 years old, the licence was renewed five years ago. I told them then about my glaucoma operations and they sent me for a eye test, which I passed. My e.mails have not been answered. Has anybody else been in this situation, I need my car for my wife's hospital appointments. Thanks, John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2022, 16:36   #2
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

There seems to be a backlog at the minute with the DVLA not sure if it's due to the Pandemic, I would just keep contacting them if you can if you can phone then I would.

Davy

2004 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

51 of 118 Rover 75s to come off the production line on 21st July 2004

71 of only 235 British Racing Green diesel face lift Connoisseur SE saloons with Sandstone Beige Interiors produced worldwide

Mileage April 2022: 120225 or 2914 in my custody
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2022, 17:14   #3
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Thanks, I have found a telephone number.I will phone on Monday.
Old 5th February 2022, 17:55   #4
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Reports of long backlogs at DVLA. Did my renewal on line last Monday, and received the replacement on Thursday morning! No complaints except they wanted my passport number online. I don't have one!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2022, 18:04   #5
TourerSteve
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
Hello, In December my short term licence expired, I sent the forms off in good time but have not heard anything back. My licence is short term because of me passing 70 years old, the licence was renewed five years ago. I told them then about my glaucoma operations and they sent me for a eye test, which I passed. My e.mails have not been answered. Has anybody else been in this situation, I need my car for my wife's hospital appointments. Thanks, John.

Section 88 Driving application requirements https://assets.publishing.service.go...tion.%207%2F17

Providing you meet the requirements in Section 88 of the road traffic act you can continue to drive providing the DVLA has received your application

This happened to my elderly father who's Licence expired August 2021 and he eventually received his new licence in October 2021
Unfortunately his photocard was issued with the wrong photo which was returned immediately to the DVLA He has still not received his photo licence back yet . Checking on line his Licence has been issued for three years up to October 2024 . I gather the DVLA is about 3months behind on applications

On line Licence Check https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Last edited by TourerSteve; 5th February 2022 at 18:11..
TourerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2022, 18:24   #6
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Reports of long backlogs at DVLA. Did my renewal on line last Monday, and received the replacement on Thursday morning! No complaints except they wanted my passport number online. I don't have one!
Same as me. Did it Mon and got it Thurs. More than impressed.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2022, 19:22   #7
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

There's a Facebook group called "UK DVLA Medical driving license holders discussion group" which has hundreds of members who are or who have been in the same or similar positions to you and this would probably be the best place to seek advice and help.
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2022, 20:28   #8
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Thanks for all the replies,I checked section 88 and I know my condition hasn't worsened. I checked my licence status and it says my licence has expired. I still don't know if I can legally drive. Thanks, John.
Old 5th February 2022, 21:19   #9
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

It's a bit of a nightmare dealing with DVLA at the moment. It took me 6 months to renew my HGV licence in 2020 because of a very minor medical issue and during this time I couldn't work and earn money and couldn't even claim benefits due to living on a narrowboat and so being technically of no fixed abode. In the end my excellent GP put enormous pressure on DVLA to take some action but by this point I was quite literally at the edge of suicide.
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2022, 11:22   #10
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
Unless you have reason to believe that the licence won't be issued, you can continue driving. I was driving a bus for nearly 6 months without them renewing mine, (Category D + E) I actually retired before receiving the renewal, so I phoned them and asked to just remove that category. Licence was back within a week, minus D+E.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote