Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th February 2022, 16:41   #1
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Default Sold up

My 75 has been sold today, it is being collected by a transport company on Tuesday and I believe ( never say never ) this is the end of my time owning one of these wonderful cars.
I have a long history with 75's as I was lucky enough to work in the sales department of a Rover dealership when they were launched, i did all the pre launch sales training and got to drive them prior to going on sale to the public.
I have owned many specs 2.0 V6 manual, two diesel autos, a beautiful wedgwood launch car, for a very short time a 1.8 Atlantic blue launch car, two Zt 190's, a Zt260 as well as 400's, 45's, 25's and a 600.
Over the years I have made so many wonderful friends through this club, many will be lifelong, many (sadly) are no longer with us but they will never be forgotten.
I have been given a wealth of assistance and knowledge through some particularly outstanding members of this club and hope that i have managed to pass some of this onto other people but i would like to thank all those that have helped me.
It sounds like I'm going to disappear completely but I don't fully intend to do so as i still have my Tf so I'll still turn up at the occasional meeting.
It's going to be strange not owning a Rover but I feel the time has now come.

Hopefully I'll get to see some of my friends in the near future at a meet.
Take care everyone.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2022, 17:02   #2
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Ah shame Steve always good to chat when we met up at meets.

All the best

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2022, 17:04   #3
robbrooks
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT,160 remap: owner since new in December 2002: Mileage: June22 143,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
My 75 has been sold today, it is being collected by a transport company on Tuesday and I believe ( never say never ) this is the end of my time owning one of these wonderful cars.
I have a long history with 75's as I was lucky enough to work in the sales department of a Rover dealership when they were launched, i did all the pre launch sales training and got to drive them prior to going on sale to the public.
I have owned many specs 2.0 V6 manual, two diesel autos, a beautiful wedgwood launch car, for a very short time a 1.8 Atlantic blue launch car, two Zt 190's, a Zt260 as well as 400's, 45's, 25's and a 600.
Over the years I have made so many wonderful friends through this club, many will be lifelong, many (sadly) are no longer with us but they will never be forgotten.
I have been given a wealth of assistance and knowledge through some particularly outstanding members of this club and hope that i have managed to pass some of this onto other people but i would like to thank all those that have helped me.
It sounds like I'm going to disappear completely but I don't fully intend to do so as i still have my Tf so I'll still turn up at the occasional meeting.

Hopefully I'll get to see some of my friends in the near future at a meet.
Take care everyone.

Steve.
sad day Steve. Hope to see you at the local meets and shows. Btw I've fixed my door card and window regulator bought some different clips and they worked a treat!
robbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2022, 18:02   #4
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
In the words of the song "You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em".

I had to think long and hard about selling my Rover 825 but I knew it was the time. My heart still regrets it but my head knows it was the right choice. Sometimes the stars align and it's time to go in a different direction.

Good luck.
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2022, 18:05   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Sad post to read Steve, Ross, yourself and I probably had the best evening ever at a meet in Doncaster, something that will be in my memories for ever. Don't be a stranger

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2022, 18:20   #6
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Sad post to read Steve, Ross, yourself and I probably had the best evening ever at a meet in Doncaster, something that will be in my memories for ever. Don't be a stranger
Unless you were there people just won't understand how much those very special events and the people there mean to us. Some of the most wonderful memories are from those evenings, just so glad we have the memories. Like I said, lifetime friends.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2022, 18:36   #7
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Sad to see you have now sold your last Rover hope we will see you soon at a meet
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2022, 18:36   #8
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Shame that mate, sad to hear, but I think there's going to be more posts like yours over the next few years Been a pleasure to know you, who am I going to take the rise out of now? Good luck mate, don't be a stranger and I'll probably see you somewhere
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2022, 20:08   #9
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Don't be a stranger , our cars are not the be all and end all of this club !
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2022, 21:57   #10
BRI
Avid contributor

75 saloon

We can only echo all the above comments good luck to yourself and Ross
Hopefully see you at some meet soon
Bri and Pink Dutchess
BRI is offline   Reply With Quote