Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th April 2022, 13:29   #1
simondhopkins
Loves to post

Vauxhall Vectra C

Default Both pumps replaced, still air in diesel at ubp.

Right, this has been bugging me for a few weeks as I replaced both the under bonnet pump and in tank pump with parts from DMGRS ( thanks by the way it wasn't your parts at fault here).

So I have still been getting air in the fuel causing hesitation under acceleration etc so was thinking is my autobox having a problem, so replaced the 2/4 solenoid that is know to fail ( spoiler wasn't that but box did need oil replacing).

So at my wits end I checked all fuel lines under the car suspecting a leak, including on the fuel cooler but was all dry so not that.

Underbonnet lines all good and dry so not there.

So what the hell was it causing the problem?

Answer : ME!!

When I replaced the dead in tank pump with the replacement, I stupidly didn't look at what all the gubbins in the tank do. I know now what the venturi bits do, and more importanly, know where they sit ().

Yep I hadn't put the venturi part back into the tray and lock it into place on the top of the tank, so was pulling in air, it wasn't until I saw a video today from a youtuber called shoestring shed "rover 75 venturi fun" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMIa...ShoestringShed ) and it just clicked in my head.

Took 5 minutes to remove and reseat the unit PROPERLY in the tray and its working perfectly now, no air in diesel at the UBP.

Do I feel a right plank .

Anyway its all sorted and driving lovely again, and with the new solenoid and gearbox oil lovely and smooth again.

Now to get rid of the smell of diesel from my shoes.

Last edited by simondhopkins; 15th April 2022 at 13:59..
simondhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote