Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th July 2022, 12:33   #1
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Default Issue with Pagid rear brake pads

Hi everyone,

Just to give you a heads up on a problem I encountered last week, when I took a set of Pagid rear brake pads and discs purchased from Car Parts 4 Less to be fitted by Terry Shaw of TS Autos.

As Terry helpfully explains, "I fitted the new discs then went to fit the new pads and the caliper wouldn't fit back on because the friction material was too thick for it to be reassembled, my options were take the anti rattle shims off the pads or reduce the material by sanding them down, no I thought both those options were a bodge, so back on with the old discs and I found a set of nearly new pads in order to pass the mot, we then boxed the parts back up and got a refund."

There was no problem getting the refund via Eurocarparts, although the lady there insisted I must have ordered the wrong pads ... I did not!

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon

Last edited by Zircon; 9th July 2022 at 12:45.. Reason: Typo
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2022, 14:52   #2
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Fortunately I have never had any problems with Pagid Discs and pads/shoes on my 75. Maybe not in the correct box? but both items?
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2022, 16:12   #3
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

I fitted pagid discs and pads to our Citroen C1, fitted and worked perfectly.

However, recently ordered some filters etc when I was servicing the Rover, the oil filter was nothing like the one I removed. The the fuel filter was way too small for the clamp to hold it. Expensive ones at that.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2022, 21:15   #4
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

used pagid for years and years. i now only buy their discs and couple them with brembo or mintex. i had a lot of issues with the spring retainers at the piston side ,not riveted central to the pads on the pagids. the discs seem to last longer without developing small cracks on softer pads. i think the pagid pads/discs seem too hard a combination and glaze alot. others seem happy with them , but this is just my experience of them , and may well differ for other members ....
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2022, 21:23   #5
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

i did compare the pads shape and sizes on the "dog ears " of the pagids to original old rover pads , which i bought from another member on here. there was quite a difference on shape and size. marginal yes, but still differed. i dont know if this contributed to the occasional glazing which i mentioned , but did reoccur even after full calliper strip/clean / new pistons and seals....
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2022, 21:34   #6
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Fortunately I have never had any problems with Pagid Discs and pads/shoes on my 75. Maybe not in the correct box? but both items?
The discs didn't need replacing in the end, so I think it was probably only the pads that were wrong/wrongly packaged.

All's well that ends well, but I thought my experience might just prove of interest.
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2022, 22:00   #7
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Back in the day I had a similar thing happen with an aftermarket clutch disc. Fitted it and I couldn't free the clutch off completely with the pedal fully down. Bled the hydraulic system but it was still dragging so whipped the disc back out (luckily an Austin Maxi so an easy job) and the disc was 1mm or so too thick.

Welded a small extension on to the slave cylinder piston rod to compensate thinking I would cut it off once the disc had worn down a bit but it worked perfectly from then on.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2022, 22:17   #8
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts
Default Brake pads

what do members recommend for replacement front pads The last pads I fitted did not seem to have as good a "bite" when applying them. so thinking of replacing them But what with??

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2022, 01:03   #9
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
what do members recommend for replacement front pads The last pads I fitted did not seem to have as good a "bite" when applying them. so thinking of replacing them But what with??
John you could do worse than these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324063446749

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225063303...IaAqo_EALw_wcB

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2022, 10:05   #10
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Pagid are Euro car parts budget range, and I do mean budget. They are a sub par standard at the best of times. I wouldn't fit anything by them to my cars.

They are the car dealers favourite for a reason.

If your on a budget and want a quality value for money pad just fit mintex. But make sure its a genuine mintex dealer, as they are a popular fake part in the likes of amazon etc.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote