Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd November 2008, 16:31   #11
nick nick
Retired

R75 CDTI SE ( N80 UTD )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_rouser View Post
good my friend thanks, how about you ?
mrs mac aka Fiona is lovely as ever, i'm a lucky man :-)
Im fine but i would be....Im off to Mexico on wedensday for 2 wks
And yes you are a lucky man
nick nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:04   #12
crofts
I really should get out more.......

2003 Rover 75 Conn. SE Auto Tourer 131 ps CDTi

Default Brake Pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Its worth coating the new brake pipes in Waxoyl or similar to prevent the same happening again.

hth
I think most people have them replaced with copper Mike, which, of course, shouldn't corrode like the steel pipes.
Still, 'belt & braces' & all that !
crofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:08   #13
desperado
Loves to post

75 saloon 2003 cdti conn se (ronned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlpenn View Post
The 75 went in for its MOT on Friday and has failed

1. Both Sides Front to Rear Brake Pipes have corroded
2. Rear Offside Coil has fractured

Talk about peeved off.

Looks like Gordon is gonna be parked up a while
hope hes not named after my brown carl. if you need a hand to sort it out carl i'm off till a week on friday. dan
desperado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 16:15   #14
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Thanks all - Managed to source 2 x New Rear Springs for £65 Delivered.

Dan - Gordon was named by my Son, after his favourite train in Thomas the Tank Engine, because its "Big, Blue and strong like Gordon" in my sons words............

Thanks for teh offer - I may need to take you up on it
Old 4th November 2008, 19:12   #15
Departed
Retired

--

There's a useful thread on replacing rear springs in the 'how to' from Podge IIRC.

I had a minor problem in that one of the bolts on the upper link was siezed, so I had to remove the lower instead.

I replaced all of the brake pipes under the car using copper from PMF just by Sandon Road motors. You have to make your own flares but they sell a tool, or you could borrow mine. I had problems with the junction just by the steering rack where the rear pipes link to the cross car pipes. they are mostly 10mm fittings but one under car one is bigger. I have spare ones of all of these if you go ahead. It's also a struggle to get the LHR pipe across the car above the fuel tank, but it can be done and taking the fuel pump access panels off makes it possible. Finally, most of the plastic clips went brittle so had to be replaced, and it's even more important to properly support if you replace in copper.

You may even consider a set of new flexible hoses, I think they were only £14 squids from the bay of fleas when I bought them earlier this year. More expense I know, but it makes the job much easier.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 06:57   #16
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowedb View Post
There's a useful thread on replacing rear springs in the 'how to' from Podge IIRC.

I had a minor problem in that one of the bolts on the upper link was siezed, so I had to remove the lower instead.

I replaced all of the brake pipes under the car using copper from PMF just by Sandon Road motors. You have to make your own flares but they sell a tool, or you could borrow mine. I had problems with the junction just by the steering rack where the rear pipes link to the cross car pipes. they are mostly 10mm fittings but one under car one is bigger. I have spare ones of all of these if you go ahead. It's also a struggle to get the LHR pipe across the car above the fuel tank, but it can be done and taking the fuel pump access panels off makes it possible. Finally, most of the plastic clips went brittle so had to be replaced, and it's even more important to properly support if you replace in copper.

You may even consider a set of new flexible hoses, I think they were only £14 squids from the bay of fleas when I bought them earlier this year. More expense I know, but it makes the job much easier.
Thanks

I did think of replacing the Flexi's as a matter of course, that way I would know there would be no looming problems in the future.

I also need to fix the "Airbag Warning" Light issue, I am certain that it is the fitting under my seat, but I dont have the tool or the confidence to solder those wires together - Have you done this yourself?
Old 5th November 2008, 12:35   #17
Departed
Retired

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlpenn View Post
Thanks

I did think of replacing the Flexi's as a matter of course, that way I would know there would be no looming problems in the future.

I also need to fix the "Airbag Warning" Light issue, I am certain that it is the fitting under my seat, but I dont have the tool or the confidence to solder those wires together - Have you done this yourself?
No, I've not had the problem. I'd be more inclined to find a way of stopping the connectors coming undone accidentally. I commented on a previous thread: the connectors are special ones with shorting bridges to protect the squib (the detonator) from accidental activation when they are not connected. Many people have replaced the yellow connectors with standard car connectors, but I would never take that risk with a live Bomb.

I do have a set of spare airbags and pretensioners though, so if the wiring / connector on the seat side is damaged, the easy way would be to swap components. On the car side, it ought to be safe to repair the wiring so long as it's unplugged from the bag.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote