Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th September 2007, 05:58   #1
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Default Holker Hall meet update

Hi Everyone

A quick update on the meet on Sunday 23rd September. We originally said the start time would be 10am but this is now 10.30am due to us getting ready for you along with the member of staff from Holker Hall who will be taking the admission fee.

This time things will be a little different to how the meets have been conducted in the past. We will have our own booking in table so you will not be held up at the gate as you have in the past and as we said name badges will be issued to the registered members who are attending. We will have our own marshals to park you up as you arrive so then please come over to the table to book in. If you have not yet registered please register so your name badge can be there on the day. If you just turn up of course that will not be a problem apart from having no badge.

Unfortunatly Holker Hall does not have a room big enough to take us all so there will be no meeting as such. We will however have a meeting around the cars for the prize giving etc. If you have any suggestions for the club please see any member of the team and whoever it is will report back to the rest of us with your idea's and suggestions.

There will be the normal 'Car of the show' award but it will not be vouchers like other meets due to Rimmer Bros not sponsoring this meet (they will be back next year ) This time the prize will be a saloon warning triangle kit which has been donated by Les at SMC and £25 from the club. The judge for the 'Car of the show' will be a member of Holker Hall staff.

We have another four saloon warning triangle kits which have kindly been donated by SMC Trading for the meet. A pair of Chrome Mirror backs kindly donated by Actros and an MGR golf bag to protect the rear seats donated by the club. This will be in the form of a draw with tickets costing 50p each and members can buy as many as they like

At this meet there will be no competitions as the response to competitions has been very poor so we are resting the idea for now.

We have managed with the help of Xpart to have on the day Mr John Easson X-Part & M.G.Rover Business Manager. John will be there on behalf of Xpart to answer any and all of your questions. As Holker Hall does not have a room big enough to take all the members for a meeting can we ask that questions and opinions to John be done on an informal basis with perhaps groups of half a dozen or so? John will be there all day so you will be able to see him so there should be no problem getting those questions answered.

This will be the last club meeting this year but next year everything changes for the better. We will be doing something that we have not attempted before and the meet will be more like an event in itself and will also take in a social side of owners club membership. Its going to be big and its already in the planning stage so its going to happen. We are also seriously looking at making local meets a further option and for them to be classed as official club meets. Early next year we will be looking for members who are up to the challenge of both organising and running local meets but as I said more of that early next year.

Cheers

The Club Team
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 07:29   #2
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

This years not held yet and already waiting for next Years announceent with bated breath.
So get registering and see you all there.

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 10th September 2007 at 07:33..
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 07:37   #3
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Default Meet questions

Due to moving home this week my internet access will be down for about three weeks or so. Any questions about the meet please PM or email any of the team and they will be able to give you the answers.

Please note as from tomorrow all of my email addresses will no longer be valid, as soon as I have internet access again I will post up my contact email for sticker sales etc.

A few of you have my home phone number and that will also be switched off tomorrow.

Cheers and see you at Holker Hall

Ken :lol:
Old 10th September 2007, 07:40   #4
JohnDotCom

Best of luck with the move Ken.
You will be unpacking boxes for what seems like forever if your anything like us.
Old 10th September 2007, 07:47   #5
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Best of luck with the move Ken.
You will be unpacking boxes for what seems like forever if your anything like us.
Thanks John

We have lived here for only 12 years but the amount of stuff we have is incredible. So far I have paid out over £140 for a man and a van to get rid of what has become junk but in its day was useful :lol:

I found a complete set of fishing tackle in the garage and I have never fished in my life

Ken
Old 10th September 2007, 08:03   #6
JohnDotCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Thanks John

I found a complete set of fishing tackle in the garage and I have never fished in my life

Ken
I was told similar by SWMBO,
that My Fishing Tackle would be found in the Garage if I did not behave and wouldn't ever be used again!

Right returning to Thread................
Old 10th September 2007, 08:18   #7
PaulG
Avid contributor

75 2.5 Auto Connoissuer SE, 75 2.5 Man Connoissuer

I hope the event at Holker goes really well - I'm sure it will as it is a great venue for a car event. Unfortunately I can't make it as I have had something else booked for me that weekend. Rather frustrating but at least there will be other club events in the future. Hopefully I'll manage to get to one eventually!

I hope you all have a great day, and I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Paul

ps. Good luck with the house move Ken.
Old 10th September 2007, 08:54   #8
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Thanks John

We have lived here for only 12 years but the amount of stuff we have is incredible. So far I have paid out over £140 for a man and a van to get rid of what has become junk but in its day was useful :lol:

Ken
Whats the betting that later on you will find a use for the stuff that you have thrown away
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 10:30   #9
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

question over named badges will our wives girlfriends like lilian eve etc be getting one
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 18:35   #10
JohnDotCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
question over named badges will our wives girlfriends like lilian eve etc be getting one
Derek, It will just be the members names, who have registered in advance for name badges.:lol: