Notices

Old 26th May 2020, 10:13   #11
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Do we believe the announcement was released only to distract everyone from the Cummings fiasco?

He should be disqualified from driving following his ‘eyesight’ quote.
Old 26th May 2020, 11:42   #12
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
So you can go to the shops but you still can’t visit your friends or family’s houses.Unbelievable. Still too soon IMO.

I've just been round to Mams to see if she wants any shopping (spoke to her through the window) & she said my sister in law & niece have tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 11:58   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Do we believe the announcement was released only to distract everyone from the Cummings fiasco?
I was reading something on Sunday, regarding all of this. He may well be a conspiracy theorist, but am fed up with the lot of it, I really couldnt be annoyed going further into it. But it relates to the reasoning behind the so called Barnard Castle visit, and a local research facility of Glaxo Smith Kline, along with their involvement with NHS, bribes and fines. Two days after Cummings visit to Barnard Castle, GSK signed an agreement with another company to produce potential vaccines for Covid19.

I am not saying there is any fact behind this, or a direct relationship to it. But if Cummings, had to do whatever he needed to with GSK in his role as an advisor (), why not say something about this, rather than some strange story about testing eyes by driving! It would also explain the blunt support he has been given from some quarters.

The paper is HERE

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 12:42   #14
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

This 'essential' business gets me. In my view, and the only one it seems, if Zara or River Island, as clothing shops, are considered essential then why not Ask Italian the restaurant?

With regard to the Svengali Cummings tumbrel charge, it’s obviously a manufactured trampling of a sworn enemy by his detractors. The critical factor is whether he broke the law/guidelines when he took his son to the best refuge he could think of.

The day before his so-called offence, regulations were introduced making it an official offence to leave your home without a reasonable excuse. There had been no explanation of just what ‘reasonable’, or to whom, that meant in every case and a degree of opinion is needed at each event. There was however a following clause: ‘If you have children, keep following this advice, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible’. So it seems a first class honours in parapsychology is necessary if you want to avoid your collar being felt. Curiously, not one of the 250 ANPR’s on his route had been activated.

Again, in my view, any father that would not do what he did, at least in part, needs a rude awakening about parental love, not necessarily to agree but at the very least to understand. This is entirely about disgruntled political opponents.
Old 26th May 2020, 12:43   #15
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I've just been round to Mams to see if she wants any shopping (spoke to her through the window) & she said my sister in law & niece have tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday.
Hopefully if my family experiences of this are anything to go by, they will make a speedy recovery Ian.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 12:51   #16
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:

Well at least from the 15th June he can visit specsavers !
(Well you need to laugh)
Stevie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 13:13   #17
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Hopefully if my family experiences of this are anything to go by, they will make a speedy recovery Ian.

Brian

Yes me too Brian, Niece is a WPC & sister in law works with severely handicapped adults so I dare say they were in a high risk group of workers.

My younger brother was supposed to start on a new job installing a kitchen & UPVC windows/doors he'd priced up several weeks ago but now has to self isolate for two weeks.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 14:19   #18
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
B and M, and various supermarkets I believe should have bags of soil (I dont know if it is what you would need though).

------------------------------------

Re the opening of most shops, unfortunately the authorities need to do something like this to control the self entitled and selfish. To start this opening it means that there will be a return some kind kind of normality and improve confidence. Possibly reducing the 'panic' buying/shopping as there was at the beginning of lockdown, and therefore a reduced risk of infection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Oh no, and chance spending money?
('Cos the thanks button is just too non-specific....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
nothing I want to buy but good news if all goes well and infection rates don't climb. I do worry infection rates may climb, I guess it is up to us to make sure it does not

macafee2

Indeed it's everyone's responsibility. it's entirely possible to have a normal life and at the same time minimise contact with strangers - even to excercise judgement over your own safety. Govt recommendation or advice is just that and no more. Look on the bright side - if such a thing as the great feared second wave does transpire it's going to be affecting those branded 'covidiots' by the divisive media and social engineering more than the 'sesnsible' people that are barricaded in their homes....

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 15:53   #19
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:

And his was only a short journey compared to some ..
But I suppose this guy had a better reason
Author Neil Gaiman has been blasted for travelling more than 11,000 miles from New Zealand to Scotland so he could "isolate easily" after flying from Auckland Airport to Los Angeles (LAX) and then on to London before borrowing a friend's car and driving north to Skye.
Writing on his blog, the writer said he traveled after he and wife agreed they "needed to give each other some space"....
Old 26th May 2020, 16:17   #20
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

This sign I've just spotted in someone's front window while walking the dog sums up the feeling perfectly..................

Never in my life thought it wouldn't be possible to take a stroll along the beach on such a beautiful day, and feel so sad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lol.jpg (117.9 KB, 119 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote