Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st March 2020, 09:22   #21
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

the real wood is also a much better fit as we all know

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2020, 18:10   #22
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Looking good, get some lacquer on and make it shine!!
Given it a few coats of lacquer and it comes up well, might just lightly flat it and then give a final coat.

Trial fitted it by just laying in place and it does look good. Will fit it properly when I have got some spare time. I am going to use the early type vents with the coloured spots, they just need a clean up and the sponge seals replacing.

I've done the dashboard and gear lever surround but not the radio eyebrow yet, will see what it looks like and might do that as well.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2020, 18:58   #23
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post
the real wood is also a much better fit as we all know
Sure is, the one I fitted today had me swearing, never had one so stubborn to fit.
Old 14th March 2020, 20:44   #24
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Finally got round to finishing and fitting my painted dashboard in Copperleaf. Pleased with the finish on it and looks a lot better than the technical grey finish. Might still do the radio eyebrow.

Had a bit of a fiddle to refit, probably as this was a metal backed one rather than the plastic version that was in there, couldn't get the centre air vent section to tuck under so had to shim the plastic lug and swap one of the spring clips on the right hand end to get this to clip properly (the metal and plastic dashboard clips are subtly different) but once done all fitted into place ok.

Old 14th March 2020, 20:56   #25
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
Finally got round to finishing and fitting my painted dashboard in Copperleaf. Pleased with the finish on it and looks a lot better than the technical grey finish. Might still do the radio eyebrow.

Had a bit of a fiddle to refit, probably as this was a metal backed one rather than the plastic version that was in there, couldn't get the centre air vent section to tuck under so had to shim the plastic lug and swap one of the spring clips on the right hand end to get this to clip properly (the metal and plastic dashboard clips are subtly different) but once done all fitted into place ok.

That looks very nice, I would do the eyebrow too..

At the moment I have the real wood dash in my ZT with royal blue on everything else, I love seeing the variations and colour differences on our dashboards.
Old 14th March 2020, 22:12   #26
colintf
Posted a thing or two

ZT260SE TF160 ZT135+

Quote:

At the moment I have the real wood dash in my ZT with royal blue on everything else, I love seeing the variations and colour differences on our dashboards.
Indeed, so would I.
The eyebrow was normally part of the monogram coloured dash option; the main dash, the eyebrow and the gear lever surround
MGCC Z Register Rep for V8 ZT / ZTT's
http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htmhttp://www.mgfregister.org/
colintf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2020, 08:41   #27
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:

I'm going to paint the eyebrow now, I've seen the MGR publicity shots of the monogram dash and it is not always done but will finish it off.

I think the coloured dash lends itself nicely to the MG, really don't know what MGR's thinking was behind the 'technical grey' finish, coupled with such a cheap quality plastic moulding as well.