Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th March 2014, 08:52   #1
TopCat999
Avid contributor

2x1968 Chevrolet Camaros,1991 BMW E30 Hartge H26, 1980 E21 BMW ALPINA B6 2.8,2x1979 V8 JEEPS

Default Prescott Hillclimb French spectacular 2014 MAY 25

Just booked my (expensive- because of TT practice) ferry seacat tickets for Herman to take part in La Vie En Bleu French Spectacular 25 May at Gotherington near Cheltenham Glos.
http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/events/may2011.aspx

Love to see some of you guys there below is last year's event with 3 Veyrons competing!:

Peter Rosenthal, Events Editor Classic Car Weekly: "It was my first La Vie en Bleu and I thought it was a superb celebration of all things French but done in a typically quirky British fashion. Getting to see so many classic cars – some worth hundreds of thousands of pounds – being put through their paces with such gusto really brought the event to life. Can't wait until next year!" “Despite being called La Vie en Bleu, the event is quintessentially British - a mini Goodwood Festival of Speed set in the glorious Cotswolds - celebrating French cars, but in a British way. Its club motor sport at its best, where visitors can mingle with the cars, speak to the drivers, and watch rare historic vehicles to modern day supercars being pushed to their limits”
Nick Mason (Drummer from Pink Floyd, and avid car collector).

Our seventh annual pageant of French motoring excellence took place on Saturday 1 & Sunday 2 June 2013. The spectacular two-day event has been hailed the best event of the year and was blessed with glorious sunshine and huge crowds. As well as top class racing, there was an awesome car display in the paddock, the wickedly witty Gendarmes, live music, and straight from The Royal Albert Hall, BBC Strictly Come Dancing and ITV’s show Dancing on Ice, our Parisian Can-can girls who performed throughout the weekend.

Speaking of the event, Ian patton, General Manager, Bugatti Owners Club said "La Vie en Bleu 2013......what an event, we were delighted with the huge support we had from everyone, particularly all the officials, marshals, volunteers, competitors, photographers, event team, staff, car clubs and display vehicles who helped to make it all possible. Bugatti sent us three Veyrons from there factory and their works driver which delighted the crowds and the sound of that F1 Benetton reverberating around the hill was just superb. We were blessed by good weather which brought out the public and created a magical event. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did."

Highlights included three Bugatti Veyron 250mph supercars, two Bugatti EB110, a 1937 Bugatti Type 37C, the Benetton B190 F1 car that took Nelson Piquet to victory at Suzuka and Renault F1 car amongst many many others.

In addition to the on-track action, Prescott was packed on the Sunday with a large gathering of Bugatti’s, and other rare and exotic French vehicles including: a 1924 Hispano, 1901 De Dion Bouton, 1949 Citroën U23 Tipper Lorry, 1910 AC Sociable, 1929 Vernon Derby, a Velosolex display and the ever popular Parisian bus.

The paddock featured live entertainment, from mime artists, French-themed comedy actors, can-can girls, and live music from one of the UK’s finest jazz singers - Cate Cody http://www.jazzcats.co.uk and Kevin (the Crooner) Mack. Gotherington Petanque Club were also on hand throughout the event to teach the game.

The Orchard was packed of visiting car clubs including: Renault Alpine Owners Club, Renault Owners Club, Citroen Car Club, Matra, Citroen 2CV Club, Pembleton Cars, Cotswold Car Club, Motor.net, TVR and Peugeot Owners Club and more.

Please visit -http://vimeo.com/12869941 (courtesy of Neil Boyle) PRESCOTT welcomes car clubs. Why not bring your Club to us and enjoy group ticket discounts, designated parking area, bespoke catering, hill cavalcades, and superb facilities. The NEW Prescott Club House will open its doors for the first time in April 2013, and is the perfect venue to hold AGMs, conferences, car rallies, meets and get togethers.

Contact us to see what we can do for your Club ... if you can dream it up we can (probably) make it a reality. Click here for a booking form or call Maggie Webster on 01242 662914 or email [email protected]

BTW
We shall be in Herman my Buchloe built B6 28 (one of only 2 in GB!)
Herman:

and even caught Apollo the Burmese's attention (briefly!)

former owner of 2004 ZT-T CDTi from new
TopCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 21:05   #2
colintf
Posted a thing or two

ZT260SE TF160 ZT135+

Some of us will be there thanks to Rob http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=169740
MGCC Z Register Rep for V8 ZT / ZTT's
http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htmhttp://www.mgfregister.org/
colintf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 07:14   #3
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

Hi Tim

As Colin has said we already have this meet posted on several forums and so far have members from owners club and several members of 260s at the French Weekend this will be our third visit. This time several of us will be on site for the weekend and more members joining us on the Sunday. We normally start with a convoy from West Midlands. J10 M6 to the Prescott

Hope to see you at Prescott

Rob
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 08:00   #4
TopCat999
Avid contributor

2x1968 Chevrolet Camaros,1991 BMW E30 Hartge H26, 1980 E21 BMW ALPINA B6 2.8,2x1979 V8 JEEPS

Default Stop Press!

The Event- La Vie en Bleu

takes place on the SUNDAY only!

There are races on the saturday of a more usual kind.

I shall be there Sunday only.....................

see you then then!

Old 22nd April 2014, 20:40   #5
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

according to the official blurb its listed as the French weekend but its Sunday if you want the can can girls. We will be on site both days some of us camping over.

http://www.bugatti.co.uk/la_vie_en_bleu.aspx
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 08:44   #6
TopCat999
Avid contributor

Just to confirm that this Sunday May 25 is Herman's first outing in UK! Thought I would post the intinerary in case you live work nearby!

We will be doing Liverpool to MIJ in Walsall to get second part stainless exhaust system fitted on Thursday
then over to Rutland

and then down from Rutland to Cheltenham on Saturday via Silverstone; then back up to Liverpool for evening Seacat Sunday after racing

If anyone sees me - give a wave!

I gather a huge number of MG ZTs and Rover 75 coming to Prescott- I think you live nearby?

look forward to seeing you there! We are Competitor no 96 - which means we are parked in top paddock (sadly)

Old 27th May 2014, 16:22   #7
NewGuyPete
Loves to post

MG-ZT 260 V8

HI Tim,

"MG Man" here, was good to see you once again, with a different vehicle this time, that is one nice car you have.
During our conversation about re-mapping in the Scotland area, I have found the web page for "Dreadnought", who are based in Callander.http://www.dreadnoughtgarage.com/index.php/links .

Cheers Pete.
NewGuyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 17:55   #8
TopCat999
Avid contributor

What an event! Great to see so many ZT s and 75s

great fun- the amount of French cars and spectators was spectacular!

I was put in a post 1971 class against Barry "Whizzo" Williams and modern hot car s(won by Sierra Cosworth Turbo)- so no chance of siverware- I missed the prizegiving as I had to dash for Liverpool Docks for Seacat

Anyway herewith 1 timed run in Herman 59 seconds something in slightly damp conditions - managed a 57 seconds later (but battery in Go Pro had died):

this clip in 2CV captures the event well: