Notices

Old 31st July 2020, 13:33   #291
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Fair enough Jeff One of the photos I posted up on a photography forum, showed a lioness drinking from a puddle of water in a field of grass. Someone in the photography forum was quite critical of the photo, saying it was rubbish and in editing I should have created more field to the left of the lionesses, through clone and stamp - making the photo much wider. I did not oblige as I didn’t really understand how to do it in an undetectable way. I thanked the guy for his brilliant comment.

I had a similar remark from someone else, who felt layering was cheating. I had a laugh, as later on he was using a layer to replace a bland sky. He didn’t do it very well and on top of that, he oversaturated the sky with too much blue, unattractive. I didn’t say anything as I didn’t want to destroy his post.

It can work, if it’s carefully done

Your a professional photographer Jeff and I really value your opinion
It can indeed work very well, it's just not what I would call photography. It is however very much art in itself
Me is a tog though and it's not something I choose to do.
I'm of the get it right in camera. Use editing to bring out the best in the photo but not put in what wasn't there
Old 31st July 2020, 15:26   #292
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
It can indeed work very well, it's just not what I would call photography. It is however very much art in itself
Me is a tog though and it's not something I choose to do.
I'm of the get it right in camera. Use editing to bring out the best in the photo but not put in what wasn't there
Cheers Jeff, that day you introduced me to the BTCC with Derek, I noticed how in between shots, you reviewed as you went along, the photos to keep and the photos to delete. Clearly, this flow works for you, what discipline

SD card?

Do you take on a shoot, one with a large memory or do you have several smaller ones on the go? I think your camera takes 2 cards.

For my dash cam, I have two 32GB and one 128GB (for a long road trip in HD/4K).

I had another 32GB SD card, but the data corrupted and I could not prove to the police I was not speeding. One of those awkward moments getting pulled over.

Do the cards eventually wear out?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2020, 20:23   #293
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Cheers Jeff, that day you introduced me to the BTCC with Derek, I noticed how in between shots, you reviewed as you went along, the photos to keep and the photos to delete. Clearly, this flow works for you, what discipline

SD card?

Do you take on a shoot, one with a large memory or do you have several smaller ones on the go? I think your camera takes 2 cards.

For my dash cam, I have two 32GB and one 128GB (for a long road trip in HD/4K).

I had another 32GB SD card, but the data corrupted and I could not prove to the police I was not speeding. One of those awkward moments getting pulled over.

Do the cards eventually wear out?
Hi Phil,

I use Sandisk UDMA 32GB Compact Flash cards. Both slots used and I set the camera up to copy the same files to both cards at the same time. Should one card fail then I should have the same images on the other card.
I will add (whilst touching wood) I have never yet had a card failure.

At a motorsport event I usually take a total of six cards which should cover both the Saturday and Sunday action