Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: How did you hear about the 75 and ZT Club?
I got a club flyer on my car 15 0.83%
Internet search 1,447 79.77%
Linked from another website 169 9.32%
Word of mouth / recommendation 244 13.45%
Press Ganged 11 0.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1814. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23rd August 2016, 00:33   #621
Imozzy091265

Rover 75

Found the club through websearch as I'm a new owner of a rover 75 only had it a week and already fallen in love the way she drives
Imozzy091265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 07:44   #622
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imozzy091265 View Post
Found the club through websearch as I'm a new owner of a rover 75 only had it a week and already fallen in love the way she drives
Welcome and thanks for subscribing too. The members here have a wealth of knowledge to keep your car in top form. If you take a look at my signature there are a couple of links that will take you to some interesting and important reading. If not done so, just take a look at plenums, these are important to check especially with autumn leaves soon upon us.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 00:50   #623
Roverpip
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi all. Thanks for the add.
Found the forum while searching the web for info on my recently purchased Rover 75.

I'd always loved the look of the 75 so it was a no brainer when choosing a replacement for my beloved Jaguar S type V6 2.5 petrol. Believe it or not I actually swapped my Jag for the Rover with a dealer up in Preston.

Already i'm loving the Rover, the classic looks and the reliable 2.0 BMW engine have got me thinking I made the right choice.

Looking forward to being a member, be warned I have a zillion questions to ask lol.

My best mate will shortly be joining, he sold his Lexis V8 and bought.......A 75 Estate!

In all honesty we were both hooked after we'd had a look at a fleet of them at a recent classic car show at the British Motor Museum in Gayden. It was a show dedicated to all thing BL & Rover!

And there you have it. Now a proud 75 owner
Roverpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 10:01   #624
diesel tony

Rover 75 tourer

Default Newboy

Hi to you all,joined the forum to hopefully get help and advice for my newly purchased 75 Toure cdti auto,,needs some jobs doing,jerky gearbox,possibly an engine mount and a dead radio to name a few,but I'm not worried about any of the problems, I've always loved the shape of the 75,especially the tourer,so I sold my 4.3 v8 Lexus and bought something I could actually fix!.
Hopefully someone somewhere will have the answers and help I may need.
I now have 3 British cars,1984 Austin Ambassador,1956 Austin A30 plus my Rover..
diesel tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 18:13   #625
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Welcome you're at the right place for answers.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 19:59   #626
Davjay

Rover 75 Tourer

I'm here to re-educate myself re the 75 prior to a possible purchase. I was a forum member of this, or as similar site for the same reasons a few years back, but a purchase was postponed.
Davjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 20:38   #627
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davjay View Post
I'm here to re-educate myself re the 75 prior to a possible purchase. I was a forum member of this, or as similar site for the same reasons a few years back, but a purchase was postponed.

Well you're in the right place! Welcome back. There's all the info and more you'll ever need regarding these cars on this forum. A wonderful friendly bunch of like minded folk. There is a very good buyers guide on the forum and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point you in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 23:59   #628
Mortisrat

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi there everyone!

I came across this site while I was looking to buy a Rover 75. I found it really helpful and decided to join as soon as I got my 75 (which I got yesterday).

I'm a member of the Rover Sports Register and my boyfriends family are VERY into pre war Rovers of all types (I suspect we have one of everything going right back to before they did cars - I know we own the first Rover engine, I wonder if the owner of the last one is on here too?)

I have always driven Rovers, but I was driving 25's up till now. I am loving the 75 and am planning to take great care of it and keep it for a long time. A much more luxurious car.

Never had a 45, but then - if you put a dog ion the boot of one of those you'd deffo get arrested and the headlights make them look (to me) like they're crying!
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:06   #629
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Welcome and thanks for subscribing too. The members here have a wealth of knowledge to keep your car in top form. If you take a look at my signature there are a couple of links that will take you to some interesting and important reading. If not done so, just take a look at plenums, these are important to check especially with autumn leaves soon upon us.
I'm the happy owner of my 1.8 Classic. Having owned everything Rover for the last 30 years, from X 2 Sterlings, one the 827 coupe...magnificent car, 13 years service with no majors, to the car I have today. Several trips to Germany via Holland, (mile munching), singing along the autobahns, waves from other drivers superb drive. New water pump, timing belt, and thermostat today. I can look forward to thousands of more miles of comfy motoring.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:30   #630
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

I found it when someone who was trying to sell me a 75 mentioned it and implied that the car was perfect because he'd been a member here.

I knew the car wasn't right, but I was interested enough to look into his claims about the forum.

I didn't buy the car, I don't believe for one minute the pitch the guy used, but I found the forum and have been learning from it gratefully for a couple of years now
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote