Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th February 2020, 23:09   #41
Captain Crappycrimp
Gets stuck in

Devil car is dead!

I would like to point out I don’t park in disabled spots or park in mother or child spots when I’m alone. I was replying to a member who parked his car in parent and child spaces without having children with them. However I have seen the 4x4 crowd park where they want and the abuse of blue badges is well known.
As to the number of mother and child and disabled spaces at my local supermarket there are 20 mother and child spaces and 80 disabled spaces. That I’m sure does not reflect the number of disabled people and parents with children in this country and in my experience the parent and child spaces are usually full while disabled spaces mostly empty.

2003 Le mans Green MG ZTT 1.8T, 2003 MG ZT CDTI BRG, ZT 190 Typhoon, 2001 Rover 75 1.8 Tourer , 2002 solar red MG ZTT 177, 2005 Silver MG ZTT CDTI, 2001 Trophy Blue MG ZT (Early No 131) 160, 2004 XPG MG ZT CDTI.
2004 MG ZT Ignition Blue MG Press car/Pheonix 4 personal car. Rover 75 CDT top spec Cowley car. 2003 MG ZT 190+ white Gold.

Couldn't save

MG ZT 1.8T XPG 2005 MG ZTT Goodwood Green(Devil car)

MY PROJECT

2004 MG ZTT Diesel auto in disappointing grey.
Captain Crappycrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2020, 14:23   #42
elefsis
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Club SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
I've lost count of the times I have chosen a space in an almost empty car park, within seconds someone has parked next to me ignoring oodles, and oodles of empty spaces.
Is herding inbuilt into humans ? It must be.

It is the same mentality of driver who drives right up your boot. My pet hate.
Old 20th February 2020, 07:17   #43
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
I always park at the furthest point from the entrance in supermarkets or retail parks, and take my worst car, which had a few tiny dings before I got it - Still a ZT though! It also has a tow bar ( not used by me), which fends off others when parallel parking!

I usually find it is older relatives or children in the rear of cars that do the most damage by just flinging doors open.

Perhaps I should just buy a modern europox (deliberately mis-typed), which I wouldn't care about so much - all my cars are over 12 years old and much loved.

This is so true ten years ago I had a Maestro which was one owner from new with 20,000 miles on it, whilst driving up past our local Iceland which is a one way street with cars parked outside the front of the shop. this leaves more than 2 full lanes as there is an old taxi rank opposit the shop.
driving up the road the car 50 yards in front stops dubble parking in front of the store I am driving past it when the rear door of the car was flung open into the centre of the front wing, with enough force for me to fold the door forward into the car and to bend the front door pillor of B927 BUS sadly the damage done was to cause the cars demise. It was an old lady geting out of a taxi well she was younger than me but she did not even look the raod I was on just went into the shop leaving the taxi driver to pass on his details the car was insured on a classic policy for 2k sadly the cost of a proper repair due to the perfect impact point was going to be more like 5K, A full body Jig would have been required as the car was paralaxed. The only consolation was the six month old skoda taxi was also a write off. impact speed was about 6MPH but I had just stood on the go pedal OUCH!!!!
so they dont just do it in car parks.
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2020, 09:35   #44
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

I have a few scrapes and dings down the sides of my car, none done by me.
Some I have been able to polish out others are more permanent.

Unfortunately it happens, I'm always careful and park out of others way but as you have said, some people can't leave you on your own.

I tend to go shopping very early in the morning and you would think that it would be possible to be in a space on your own but many times I have come back to my car and found someone else parked there as well.

Twice I have had to go back into the supermarket with a number plate number because I couldn't get into my car at all, how they got out is beyond me.

I know the ladies on the desk in Tesco's and it's quite funny when someone comes over and asks what the problem is, I'm a big bloke in height and stature.
Nobody has refused yet!
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2020, 10:10   #45
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

I have experienced and witnessed some really bad parking and people that just don't care.
But if you have a vehicle that looks past it's best and has a dings and dents then people will avoid parking next to it, it's human nature.
If it's nice and shiny, you have had it!
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote