Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th October 2009, 16:23   #1
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

Default Scrap The Scrappage Scheme!!

been on thelook out for an old jag for a while and a mate of mine rang me this morning to let me know that the skoda dealership beside his work have a imaculate jaguar xj gold in their yard ready to be scrapped!

i instantly called them about it, basically the sales girl told me to fob off as soon as she knew i was only after the jag

said that they cant sell on scrappage scheme cars even if i offered 10 k
"THEY MUST BE SCRAPPED"

this is utterly rediculous!!
what a sin it is to have to scrap such a classic! it has mot for another 9 months and is sitting with not a spec of rust!!

i was getting angry and annoyed at this so called again and pleaded!! so tomorow if im lucky the sales manager might be able to let me know which scrap yard wil be taking her!

even if i can get the whole car ill never be able to register her!!

absolute shame! should be banned right away!
g-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 19:12   #2
Robs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 connoisseur se CDT tourer

I bought a Land Rover from an independent dealer recently and when I contacted the original owner he told me he had part exchanged it under the scrappage scheme against a new car.

It appears the main dealer decided he could get more than the £1k they get from the government by sending it to auction.

The car is a Discovery 300tdi, one owner with only 74,000 miles on it and in great condition and certainly not ready for the srappie.
The original owner sold me the original mats, seat covers and spare wheel cover for 20 quid :lol:

I would have thought that if they haven't already sent the paperwork off to the DVLA they might be open to offers over £1k?

Rob
Old 6th October 2009, 19:15   #3
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

she flat out refused to have any dealings.....im to ring tomorow and see what can be arranged! hoping all goes well, was at the scrap yard over the weekend with the same type of jag in prestine condition not a thing wrong with apart from having a car stored ont top of it! shame!!
Old 6th October 2009, 19:31   #4
mantianak
I really should get out more.......

ZT 190+ Saloon

As you said you could speak with the manager. Another option is to ask what company is taking it too be scrapped and try buying it from them. A lot of these places are now 'green parts' breakers so would be eager to sell it in one peice.
mantianak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 19:34   #5
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

thats what im doing tomorow ringing skoda to plead for the name of the scrappers, hopefully all being well the car will arrive in one piece and for less than 1k
Old 6th October 2009, 19:38   #6
mantianak
I really should get out more.......

ZT 190+ Saloon

I think I'm going blind, I missed that part of your post. Good luck with it, let us know how it goes.
mantianak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 20:42   #7
Rob75
Gets stuck in

Jaguar

That's such a shame! The xj6 gold was one of the last models made before jaguar finished making the xj40 and started production of the x300!

There becoming quite rare now as they had a special interior and badging and were registered on a 93 L or 94 M.

I realy hope you can get this car! I wish you the best of luck.
Just remember if you need any help just give me a shout.
Old 6th October 2009, 20:52   #8
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

I have heard of numerous near perfect & some extreemly low mileage cars going to scrappage (one Fiat had only 1400miles on it).

A stupid scheme that is supposed to rid the roads of bangers but in reallity the people who run old bangers are not the sort to go & buy a new car no matter how much discount is offered.
The only people who benefit are the Govenment & those who can't be bothered to barter a better deal that you would likely get if you went in with no part exchange.
What some people probably don't realise is that £1000 of the £2000 is from the dealer anyway so if you have no PX then you will probably get a better deal & then sell your old car!! It's a lazy persons option is thescrappage!

One woman thaught she was being clever by scrapping her Ex-Husbands 1972 Mercedes 2 seater - that was till after she did the deal & was told it was woth £15,000
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 21:05   #9
g-mac
Gets stuck in

ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob75 View Post
That's such a shame! The xj6 gold was one of the last models made before jaguar finished making the xj40 and started production of the x300!

There becoming quite rare now as they had a special interior and badging and were registered on a 93 L or 94 M.

I realy hope you can get this car! I wish you the best of luck.
Just remember if you need any help just give me a shout.
agreed! you should see the xj6 gold one in the scrap yard with a car on top of it, its a real beaut 3.2 i think, round headlights in good condition, if all else fails ill buy her and try and de-dent the roof

p.s why havent they got glove boxs? whats under there?
Old 6th October 2009, 21:34   #10
Rob75
Gets stuck in

Jaguar

The later cars came with a passenger airbag as standard, but like you say sadly you loose the glovebox.

Theres loads of jags being broken at the moment, theres 6 in my local yard now!