Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th February 2022, 13:33   #1
Hogwarzt
Gets stuck in

MG ZT CDTI 170BHP, PUG CC 180 Sport

Default Which 7" Andriod of Wince

Anyone like to advise which one to buy?
Looking to replace my current device but there are so many out there, similar in price.

regards
Rich
Hogwarzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2022, 15:22   #2
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

my wince unit lasted quite a number of years. it was hardware issues that finally killed it. there are members on here that can advise you on the androids reliability etc. someone will come along to help im sure. i relaced mine with a kenwood unit.im happy with that.
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2022, 06:11   #3
emgee48

MG ZT, MGB, MGYA

I can’t vouch for the reliability of my android unit as it has only been installed for a month, but so far so good. It does everything I need - Satnav, radio, Bluetooth, stores music on unit, reverse camera, plus a lot of things I don’t use (DAB, internet browser, movie player, email, Spotify).

If buying android a lot of the time pricing of the unit varies with the size of memory and storage. I went with 4GB ram, 2gb is considered the minimum and 1GB is just too slow to load programs and run them simultaneously. Pric3 also depends on where you purchase from, I went direct through Aliexpress, which was cheaper than Amazon or eBay.

I liked the look of the 8.8 inch wide unit which is BMW E46 compatible and fills the space in the dash nicely.

emgee48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2022, 12:29   #4
Hogwarzt
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee48 View Post
I can’t vouch for the reliability of my android unit as it has only been installed for a month, but so far so good. It does everything I need - Satnav, radio, Bluetooth, stores music on unit, reverse camera, plus a lot of things I don’t use (DAB, internet browser, movie player, email, Spotify).

If buying android a lot of the time pricing of the unit varies with the size of memory and storage. I went with 4GB ram, 2gb is considered the minimum and 1GB is just too slow to load programs and run them simultaneously. Pric3 also depends on where you purchase from, I went direct through Aliexpress, which was cheaper than Amazon or eBay.

I liked the look of the 8.8 inch wide unit which is BMW E46 compatible and fills the space in the dash nicely.

Funny I was looking at the exact same model on AZM. How much was it? do you have a link? Ali Express??
cheers man look great I guess you changed the splash screen??
Old 15th February 2022, 12:30   #5
Hogwarzt
Gets stuck in

steering controls work as well??
Old 16th February 2022, 02:29   #6
emgee48

MG ZT, MGB, MGYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwarzt View Post
Funny I was looking at the exact same model on AZM. How much was it? do you have a link? Ali Express??
cheers man look great I guess you changed the splash screen??
I paid $AUD 330 plus about $40 for freight from Shenzhen Erisin and ordered via the alibaba.com app.
I can’t give you a direct web link as it was ordered through their app. It was a bit convoluted but go to alibaba.com, then open their app and search for Erisin8614b to locate this unit, or search for ‘android 10 bmw e46’ to bring up other compatible units.

Yes I changed the launcher/startup screen. The one in the photo in my previous post is AGAMA launcher, downloaded from the play store, I am now trialing Car Launcher Pro which I think I like better.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg B3E5EBDC-EF92-4EF5-8D22-C61F57F90CB3.jpg (14.5 KB, 324 views)
emgee48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 06:00   #7
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

I've a win CE in the 260 still , all ok but more fiddly to add software, and the radio is not an app like android

The xtrons android in the cdti is pretty good apart from a couple of issues, 1.on odd occasions it will boot up to a blank screen, and needs a reset to sort it, and it goes through bouts of no remembering the radio stations.

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 08:21   #8
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Hi.

There are a few threads floating around about this.

Here's one for starters with some further links in it:

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=316915

Good luck with your research and final choice.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 09:10   #9
Hogwarzt
Gets stuck in

Thank you chaps for all the replies.
Old 16th February 2022, 17:38   #10
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee48 View Post
I paid $AUD 330 plus about $40 for freight from Shenzhen Erisin and ordered via the alibaba.com app.
I can’t give you a direct web link as it was ordered through their app. It was a bit convoluted but go to alibaba.com, then open their app and search for Erisin8614b to locate this unit, or search for ‘android 10 bmw e46’ to bring up other compatible units.

Yes I changed the launcher/startup screen. The one in the photo in my previous post is AGAMA launcher, downloaded from the play store, I am now trialing Car Launcher Pro which I think I like better.

Thanks for your post. The Erisin is in interesting device, well spec'd and only a little over an inch deep. Might even be possible to wriggle the device in the dash without cutting the ears.

The Euro price is around 340 including shipping on Ali (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001851365288.html) so all I have to do now is write an essay explaining why I should get this instead of my (unfortunately rather) flawless Win CE device

EDIT: Looked at Alibaba and found the unit you mentioned for around € 215,- excluding tax and import duties. Which lifts the price to the same level as on Ali.

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer

Last edited by Sjonnie; 16th February 2022 at 17:47.. Reason: Additional info added
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote