Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th June 2019, 17:28   #1
FuzzyFelt

None

Default Selling value?

Good evening everyone.

Having purchased a Rover 75 back end of last year, I've slowly been sorting all the issues out and making the car a keeper.
It's a 2004 1.8t 75 Conn-Seur with 60k on her.

The first thing done was a pre-emptive head gasket and water pump by Russell at MG Rover Solutions, following that it's had a IMG, new battery, full exhaust, android HU, two flushes of coolant, two full oil changes and all filters, t pieces and a more.

And then.....I've gone and got a job that's 22k miles a year!

I'm in a position to buy a C5 diesel which is making a lot of sense.
It flew through it's MOT with no advisories and that's next due end of March 2020.

What kind of price should I be looking at taking for her, I know it's only worth anything to an enthusiast but I don't have to be in any rush to sell either?

Last edited by FuzzyFelt; 28th June 2019 at 17:32..
FuzzyFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 17:47   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Have a look at the members cars for sale to get an idea of price.

Subscribed members can advertise on the club, that way you know if should go to someone who will appreciate it
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2019, 17:49   #3
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

If you go onto ebay and do an "Advanced" search and tick the box for "Sold listings", it will show you the actual prices achieved at ebay auction. It's a rough guide to current values but yours sounds better than average so look at the top end of the shown figures.
Old 29th June 2019, 18:30   #4
FuzzyFelt

None

I was all but set to go test drive and probably purchase the C5 tomorrow, so set about giving the 75 a good clean ready for some selling photos today.

After giving her a good once over I took her for a drive....about 3 miles in I phoned the seller of the C5 to cancel.

I'm not saying it won't happen at some point, but the 75 is worth far more to me in blood, tears and money I've spent on her than it is to get rid of for the sake of some fuel money. The 1.8t with the auto seems such a peach of a combination to commute with.

She fights too live another day, and as sorry she's getting some new coolant hoses I purchased for her a while ago fitted tomorrow, and I might take the time to do the plenum hole mod for ease of rodding in future.

Last edited by FuzzyFelt; 29th June 2019 at 18:33..
FuzzyFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2019, 21:13   #5
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I did the same thing. On my way to the showroom I bottled out. So glad that I did!
Old 29th June 2019, 23:10   #6
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

If the 75 does 40mpg petrol, and the C5 does 55mpg diesel, I reckon the 75 is around 25% more expensive on fuel, around £700more at current prices for 22,000 miles. I reckon within a couple of months of selling the 75, you'd be so regretting it, you'd happily pay treble that amount to have it back. If you sell it now, you would not get the money back you have spent on it. 4 years on, I'm only now getting over getting rid of my beloved R19 16V cabrio, owned for 10 years, to replace it with a "sensible" Audi diesel for longer commutes. The Rover has helped the healing process. There's more to life than rational economics.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2019, 11:30   #7
minimutly
Posted a thing or two

mg zt

Sounds like you're usefull with the spanners - fit a good quallity lpg kit.
It will be cheaper to run than the diesel, less risk of a catastrophy, and a pleasure rather than a pain to drive.
minimutly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2019, 12:32   #8
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I am always amazed at the number of folk who happily spend thousands on a more economical car to save a few mpg. Given the extra cost and greater depreciation, it hardly ever works out cheaper!
coolguy is online now   Reply With Quote