Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st December 2011, 09:09   #1
Germanlemon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTi SE saloon

Default Rover 75 CDTI Club Tourer SE manual, 53 plate ** SOLD**

I don't need an estate car any longer (wife has a Berlingo) so I'm selling my tourer and looking for a Connoisseur saloon. The car is silver with 61000 on the clock, stamped service book from new, 6 months MOT, 5 months tax, new rear springs, new clutch master cylinder, Kenwood radio/CD player. Regd Feb 2004, Clean car with a few stone chips. £2300 (reduced from £2900), I would consider P/X with similar connie saloon.

Please PM me

SOLD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030261.jpg (133.1 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg P1030268.jpg (134.9 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg P1030267.jpg (131.2 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg P1030263.jpg (126.6 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg P1030264.jpg (125.6 KB, 181 views)

Last edited by Germanlemon; 17th January 2012 at 17:57.. Reason: E-mail removed as per Club Policy.
Germanlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 22:14   #2
cabbers
Retired

62-reg Suzuki SX4 SZ5 1.6i AWD / 07-reg Audi S3 2.0 T FSI Quattro

very nice looking tourer, sure you will sell her soon m8
cabbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 08:57   #3
Germanlemon
Loves to post

Thanks cabbers, early days yet. I have my eye on a connoisseur advertised here, I hope it does not go before I sell mine. My location means that, judging by posts on the forum, most buyers and sellers are some distance from where I live. I've picked up a few tips on here, yesterday I managed to clean out the passenger side plenum with the did of a wet and dry vacuum cleaner. The cleaner hose was too fat to get into the gap (I left the filter in situ) so I taped a couple of feet of garden hose to it and cleared it out. There was surprising little muck down there and the pipe bender went down the tube easily, I think the garage may have cleaned it when the filter was changed.

I did post a question a few days ago about the pros and cons of manual versus auto gearboxes on 75s but so far have not had a reply. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Old 4th December 2011, 11:39   #4
cabbers
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanlemon View Post
Thanks cabbers, early days yet. I have my eye on a connoisseur advertised here, I hope it does not go before I sell mine. My location means that, judging by posts on the forum, most buyers and sellers are some distance from where I live. I've picked up a few tips on here, yesterday I managed to clean out the passenger side plenum with the did of a wet and dry vacuum cleaner. The cleaner hose was too fat to get into the gap (I left the filter in situ) so I taped a couple of feet of garden hose to it and cleared it out. There was surprising little muck down there and the pipe bender went down the tube easily, I think the garage may have cleaned it when the filter was changed.

I did post a question a few days ago about the pros and cons of manual versus auto gearboxes on 75s but so far have not had a reply. Any guidance would be appreciated.

i have a 75 v6 club manual and until last week i also had a 75 cdt connie se auto and i must admit on long journeys the auto box is a lot better then a manual box.

but all in all i dont mind the manual box either, it all depends on what you want.

plus remember on the auto you wont have the clutch problems you get on the manual but i have to admit i have had my v6 manual since july and have had no problems with the clutch
Old 4th December 2011, 11:54   #5
Germanlemon
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbers View Post
i have a 75 v6 club manual and until last week i also had a 75 cdt connie se auto and i must admit on long journeys the auto box is a lot better then a manual box.

but all in all i dont mind the manual box either, it all depends on what you want.

plus remember on the auto you wont have the clutch problems you get on the manual but i have to admit i have had my v6 manual since july and have had no problems with the clutch
Thanks for that. What really concerns me is which is generally more reliable and if they go wrong which gearbox is easiest/cheapest to fix. I thought I read somewhere on the forum that some autos with serious problems are not worth fixing, it may cost more than the car is worth. The last auto I had was a Rover 3 litre back in the 1970s - they don't make them like that any more.
Old 4th December 2011, 12:02   #6
cabbers
Retired

Quote:
Thanks for that. What really concerns me is which is generally more reliable and if they go wrong which gearbox is easiest/cheapest to fix. I thought I read somewhere on the forum that some autos with serious problems are not worth fixing, it may cost more than the car is worth. The last auto I had was a Rover 3 litre back in the 1970s - they don't make them like that any more.

any autobox is more to repair then a manual, and you get less mpg if you have auto and i believe the tax is more as well.

so my advice to you is if money is tight go for a manual as autos cost more to buy, cost more to repair, use more fuel and cost more to tax
Old 4th December 2011, 12:09   #7
Germanlemon
Loves to post

Quote:
any autobox is more to repair then a manual, and you get less mpg if you have auto and i believe the tax is more as well.

so my advice to you is if money is tight go for a manual as autos cost more to buy, cost more to repair, use more fuel and cost more to tax
I'm not too bothered about the cost of running the car Cabbers, I won't be using the car on a daily basis, we tend to use wife's Berlingo (hate to say it but it's a brilliant car, the dog loves it too) for running about, it's reliabilty and cost of repair that worries me with autos - or am I being paranoid.
Old 4th December 2011, 12:21   #8
cabbers
Retired

Quote:
I'm not too bothered about the cost of running the car Cabbers, I won't be using the car on a daily basis, we tend to use wife's Berlingo (hate to say it but it's a brilliant car, the dog loves it too) for running about, it's reliabilty and cost of repair that worries me with autos - or am I being paranoid.
autos are just as reliable as the manuals as long as you get a decent one.

but like i have already said the auto will cost more to repair and in some cases like you have all ready been told the cost of repair will be more then what the car is worth
Old 4th December 2011, 12:32   #9
Germanlemon
Loves to post

Quote:
autos are just as reliable as the manuals as long as you get a decent one.

but like i have already said the auto will cost more to repair and in some cases like you have all ready been told the cost of repair will be more then what the car is worth
Thanks, I may now look at low mileage autos instead of just manuals now.
Old 4th December 2011, 12:35   #10
cabbers
Retired

Quote:
Thanks, I may now look at low mileage autos instead of just manuals now.
no trouble mate, good luck with selling your car, looks a good one, shame you aint put any pics up of the interior